Baby Corner

Old 07-31-08, 11:39 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 44.29%
Default I almost burst into tears

I thought this might happen....

I have 2 friends who are twins. I'm closer with the one twin, and I haven't shared with her that we're ttc again because the *other* twin is ttc #1 with donor sperm because her dh had lukemia as a child and his sperm was wiped out. They have been having a hard time, and she's also recently miscarried. I just didn't feel it was right to share what I'm doing with her sister having such a hard time.

Well.... I ran into the sister today at the clinic. I knew that it might happen because her sister mentioned that she was expecting to test (or get her period) Sunday. She was so happy to see me... and so upset that things weren't going well. This was her SEVENTH IUI. I just felt so guilty sitting there with 2 beautiful kids, trying for another one while she is still waiting for her first blessing. I felt so incredibly selfish. I almost cried right in her face seeing the tears in her eyes.

Good did come out of it though-- we got to talk for awhile and she was so glad to talk to someone who was going through the same thing she was. She had a lot of questions, and I was actually able to answer them for her. Hopefully this means we'll both have May babies. Her birthday is in May too.

Sigh....

Old 07-31-08, 01:55 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

How heartbreaking! Never feel guilty for the beautiful children you have! You went through a lot to get them here too! She's just on a different starting line and I'm sure she'll be blessed too. Maybe not in the way she thinks, but life does take us the way things should go! We are just usually not aware or able to understand them when we are in the thick of things!

I hope her dreams come true soon!

Laura

Old 07-31-08, 02:33 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

Don't feel guilty -- feel blessed!!!

I'm sure she wants wonderful things for you as much as you do for her!! And, you being there, probably did help her a whole bunch.

Old 07-31-08, 02:42 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 115.71%

Old 07-31-08, 07:04 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Jeanne

your children are a blessing, all children are. But what's important is that you considered her feelings, and you helped her out. You made her feel not so alone in a world where infertility can be very lonely.

I'm heartbroken that she's had to endure so many failures in her journey to become a Mummy. I hope she is blessed very soon.

Have they changed the type of IUI's they've been doing? i.e. going from clomid to injectables etc, or have they been doing the same treatment every time?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools