Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive I am a Newbie but I am Confused

I am a Newbie but I am Confused

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 12-23-08, 05:33 PM
is finally happy being himself
Love one Love All

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default I am a Newbie but I am Confused

Hi there my name is Johnny
I am a Newbie and I am in sort of confused. How do I get my wife of 8 yrs married to get pregnant? lol.. She has PCOS and she has had it for a very long time. She also is anemic.She was once over 400 plus but we decided to go ahead and try fertility treatment at that time. It did not work at all she was not making any oocytes. So we tried another scenario. We tried the duodenal switch surgery for weightloss. It has been over a year plus and still no signs of progress. She lossed close to 200 lbs. Which I think is fantastic but still no eggs. We now are on 150 mg Clomid and that has not worked but we are about to go for the shots again. I am worried that our time is running out for having a baby. I am 37 and she is 36..Please any advice would be appreciative..
johnny

Old 12-23-08, 08:15 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 37.14%

First of welcome to TBC!!! And a 200lb weightloss is awesome. I also have PCOS and have been TTC since June 2007. Luckily for me the Clomid does help me ovulate, but it doesnt work for everybody. She may need to do Femara or something. Is she being monitored with US during her Clomid cycles? The best advice I can give you is to have a great doctor that will listen, monitor and do everything possible that can help you guys conceive. Have you gusy done any IUI cycles?
Thank you Keepers!
wanting_a_baby (11-21-10)

Old 12-23-08, 10:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 166 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Well I say leave it up to the experts the weight loss is great and that should help but also I really don't think your running out of time ppl are having babies in their mid 40's now days good luck
Thank you AshFind06!

Old 12-24-08, 03:40 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Firstly hello

and thank you for taking the time to post here!

PCOS is a complicated condition, and the Clomid approach doesn't work for everyone. If you're in the US you need to check whether you're seeing a RE or an ObGyn. If you're being treated by an ObGyn and feel like you're not getting results then you might want to look into a RE.

Also I wanted to ask whether you had had any investigations for example a sperm analysis?

Your wife has progressed well with the weight loss after her surgery, but weight has a huge effect on fertility as it's the amount of fat in a woman's body that can make or break a woman's fertility, this is why anorexic women's periods often stop. I am guessing that your wife still has a little way to go before she's at her ideal weight.

There are lots of things that you can do yourself at home. You can both at you look at your diets, what you eat and drink, and try to cut out anything that is not going to help your chances of conception.

For you this could mean cutting out alcohol and cutting down processed food. For your wife this could mean cutting out alcohol and caffeine and also processed food. Also there are lots of good books that you can read about making your body 'baby healthy'. I'm presuming that neither of you smoke?

As for time running out. Well I am 36 in a month and my Hubby and I tried for 10 years, with male factor and endometriosis, to get pregnant. Through the miracle of IVF/ICSI we are 12 weeks pregnant today. Miracles can happen, and you have to believe that it can happen for you too.
Thank you Tracey and Neil!

Old 12-24-08, 02:28 PM
is finally happy being himself
Love one Love All

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

thanks for all the support. My wifes ideal body weight is suppose to be 175 for her body type. She is 5'10. We did the sperm analysis we are ok in that respect. They the doctors said I am apart of the million man march. Some of the Abbreviations is sort of confusing.. RE? With my wifes weight loss she can only eat small portions and we do not eat alot of processed foods. I am a diabetic and I need to keep a close watch over my blood sugars. I have a background in health. We do not consume alcohol. I think a more active lifestyle with the inclusion of exercise with weight training.. I do believe in miracles..It is just real hard when people who do not want their kids have babies and when others want them they cannot.. My wife and I have been "trying" to have a baby ever we were married in 2000..
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools