Baby Corner

Old 01-03-12, 01:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Question I need answers?

Hey, this is my first time actually posting a question on here but i need some advice.
I currently stopped taking my birthcontrol as of November. Me and my husband want to try for a baby. I have been on Tri-sprintec since i was 16. I am 21 going on 22. I am a college grad and have my RN. So financially we are prepared for a child.
On Nov.28 i was put on antibiotics for infection. My last period was Nov.29-Dec.3, as scheduled. I had Oral surgery on Dec.9th and was on antiobiotics and pain meds. i am still on antiobiotics but no longer pain meds. I had irregular heavy bleeding on Dec.12-17. I am not sure if it was Bleeding WithDrawal from stopping my Birthcontrol or not. My scheduled period was suppose to be here on Dec. 28 and has to yet arrive....i have experienced some pregnacy symptoms but i dont want to just assume things. I took a pregnancy test this morning. It came up negative, well im pretty sure it was. The first one can either be a + or - and it was a faint - and the second one was straight up and down. so im not sure. But it was a $7 one from ingles, i wanted to take a clear blue one but ingles only carries one kind. So i went with my only option.....i dont know if i need to wait til 28days from the heavy bleeding to expect a period or go buy a better pregnancy test or what to do....i just want some advice on what my best option would be and what you think is going on with my body???
Thanks,
-Brittnii

Old 01-03-12, 02:16 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4822.86%

Do you have a Dollar Tree or dollar store near you? The women on this board SWEAR by the tests- they are VERY senstive. And also, it is commonly believed that you can have a false-negative due to other hormones and things going on, but usually a positive is a positive. (a line is a line is a line, lol!)

Don't worry! It's only the 1st month. If you period still doesn't come, you could try a different brand or call your doctor to get confirmation through a blood test.

Good luck and Happy New Year!

Old 01-03-12, 02:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default reply

thank you, i will try that also. it just makes me wonder on what i should do bc the last time i came off my birth control my period picked right back up as it was suppose to. and im pretty sure i have ovulated since then. i just am hoping for a positive answer

But ill take what ever god gives me.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools