Baby Corner

Old 10-26-04, 06:11 PM
Mom to Eli and Owen
Thanked 55 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default I need a book!

Since I teach third grade, I have lots of opportunities to read quality children's lit and love it. But, I need an "adult" book. I'm not really into the "trashy novels" but I love mysteries and I'm getting more interested in the non-fiction genre. The last book I read was

"Aging with Grace" about the nun study on the nuns of Notre Dame. It's about alzheimers disease. Very interesting about how they have studied over 600 nuns brains and whether or not they had the disease and what their occupations were etc. Anyway, fascinating.

So, what should I read next??
Old 10-26-04, 07:31 PM
VIP Member
Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Well, I'm not real big into non-fiction for my pleasure reads, but I can suggest some good fiction mysteries and suspense.

The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
The Five People You Meet In Heaven by Mitch Albom
Eleventh Hour by Catherine Coulture

Also, you should stop by the Reading Room here at TBC. We have several ladies that post and we're always tossing around titles for reading consideration.

Here's the link...

Old 10-27-04, 09:56 AM
is living life..
VIP Member
Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

The Lovely Bones

Anything by Dennis Lehane.. He wrote Mystic River.
These ones go in order ( series of sorts) and are excellent.. (mystery detective)
A Drink before the War
Darkness Take My Hand
Gone Baby Gone
Prayers for Rain
Old 10-27-04, 01:28 PM
Community Member
Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I heard a radio programme that mentioned that study, and it sounded really interesting.

I really liked "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time" by Mark Haddon. It's a novel but it also taught me a lot about autism.

I like non-fiction too and I read mainly history stuff. The last book I read was about the Middle Ages and it was by Norman Cantor. Fascinating but a bit of a heavy read. I keep wanting to read "A History of Reading" which I have at home, but I've not got into it yet.

Do totally check out the Reading Room here, if you're a reader it'd be nice to have you be around there sometimes
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools