Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive I need to make a decision (X post from SIF)

I need to make a decision (X post from SIF)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 04-16-06, 09:32 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 25.31%
Default I need to make a decision (X post from SIF)

Well I need to decide what I'm going to do here, because tomorrow is already CD4. I haven't spoken w/the dr yet because I'm not exactly sure what I want to do.
This cycle actually went beautifully, with the exception that I didn't get pg. My LP went from 7 days to 14 with the supplemental HCG shots, and at my IUI I had lots of CM so I think we timed it right, it just didn't work.
However, way back before I got pg w/Josh, I had an HSG which revealed an obstructed rt tube. I wasn't concerned this cycle because the follicle was on the "good" side. However, I've been alternating sides, and this cycle would be the "bad" side's turn. With the sperm being placed so closely up there, I'm concerned about an ectopic (or a wasted cycle). My dr. offered to repeat the hsg, but didn't seem to think it was necessary. Am I way off here?
I could also ask about injectibles since that's what got me pg the last time, but I really don't think she's going to ok it yet, just because the cycle went so well overall.
I've also thought about throwing our hats back in the ring and possibly taking a foster to adopt placement. At this point, it's very much about a sibling for Josh and another child to add to our family and not about a pregnancy, although I would love love love to be pregnant again. I would want to be very picky about the placement (as far as the return home risks that is), but it seems silly not knowing if any of this will ever work and 5 years later, still not be pg when we could have adopted a baby that would be 5 by then!
What to do what to do.... if only it was so simple as deciding it was time for a baby and getting pg after a couple rounds of BD....

Old 04-16-06, 10:37 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

that's a hard decision to make, maybe you can work on both and see what happens!!!???

I hope that which ever one is meant to be will happen for you soon!

Old 04-23-06, 08:06 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I am so sorry about the negative. Even with a "great" cycle it still hurts. In fact probably worse because you can't really figure why it didn't take.

If it has been several years since your last hsg, I see no harm in doing another one! In fact I think that's a great idea.

Thinking of you and praying this next IUI is just what it takes.

Old 04-23-06, 08:31 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 25.31%

I had the test on Thursday and here was my post from SIF...

Haven't talked to anyone about this yet- I'm going to go tell DH after I get done here.
It's not good news so far. Mostly, the doctor said, "Interesting, very interesting," "well, that's interesting" "hmmm.... interesting" and when we were done, summed it up with "Well, that was very interesting to see." There were 3 of them in there, and all three were "interested."
Anyway, left tube filled and spilled no problem. Right away though, they saw something in my uterus. They're not sure what it is but it's definitely there and could be hurting my chances. Also, the right tube (the one that had the issue last time) still wouldn't fill. They said something about how the one tube filling right away could create a "pressure differentiation" so they removed EVERYTHING (which includes this clamp , and about 100 other things they have shoved up there) and started again. This time she used a catheter and a balloon which she blew up in there (that's what she called it). Still the tube didnt do what it was supposed to do. So what she's going to do is compare the last HSG with this one, and see if the thing has gotten bigger or stayed the same. Basically we handle the "thing" first and then discuss the tube I guess. It didn't hurt so bad at the time but it was awful for about an hour after and even now I'm sick to my stomach.
In all of this I forgot to ask her if I should continue the clomid or forget it since it'll probably be the right side this time anyway. UGH.
So, it wasn't a good day.

Old 04-23-06, 10:29 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Oh no! I'm so so sorry.

Any idea what this "thing" is in your uterus?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools