Baby Corner

Old 07-27-10, 04:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default I need to vent... :(

I have had the same experience. Sorry I know this is your post but after I read yours, I just have to vent.  
ffice

ffice" />

My husband and I have been actively trying since March. I'm 34 already and I don't want to wait no more. But since we're trying, we have been so much with his bro getting married with 2 wedding banquets in May/ Jul in 2 different states, and having all that family celebration/ gathering on my husband's side of family. They just have something going on every weekend or so. We are so busy during weekend that we don’t even have time to enjoy ourselves and make babies. Honestly, I didn't enjoy that, esp. when my in-laws were there.

My in-laws never want us to have kids because they're selfish. They think that if we start our own family, we won't spend as much time with time. And my husband also subsciously think that we don't have to have kids so early cuz of his ridiculous parents...

Also with such a bad economy, I was thinking to wait a little. But when I just turned 34, I also discovered I have 2 fibroids. After seeing the Dr., she said I’m fine despite that. So I finally told my DH that we should try to have a baby.

But I knew with my age and 2 fibroids, it may not be as easy. The worst is not that. Once we started trying, I found out many of my married friends are expecting a baby. And one friend I haven’t seen for a long time even sent me an email suddenly telling me she’s just had a baby girl. The strange thing is she didn’t tell the other friends who she is more familiar with. I just can’t believe it. And then at bro-in-law’s wedding, another friend and her husband just told me she’s expecting a baby. I know that I’m supposed to be happy for them. But in the bottom of my heart, I’m not. Why is everyone surrounding me suddenly having a baby? Also I’ve been to so many of my husband’s cousins’ baby birthday parties. Almost all of his cousins (and he has more than 10 cousins… so you can count) and his sister have babies. Don’t get me wrong, I love seeing all the babies and they are so lovely. But at the same time, this just hurt me so much. Relatives have been asking me when we’re having a baby too, except my crazy in-laws. I don’t really know how to answer… L Whenever I see those lovely babies, I was so happy and sad at the same time. My DH is so optimistic and he just can’t understand…

Sorry this is long… but my period just arrived yesterday. I am so sad when it’s here that I just can’t help. Whenever I saw my BBT drops a little in the past few days, I just knew. I was hoping that this month could be the month…

Old 08-06-10, 01:33 PM
is focusing on losing weight!
Community Member

Thanked 46 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm so sorry hun! I understand the need to vent. I've been there and done that. Hang in there and try to have hope. Do what is best for YOUR family, not everyone else's. I hope you get your baby very soon.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools