Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive >
I really don't know where to post this update.

I really don't know where to post this update.

Reply Post New Topic

• wymeg wymeg's Avatar 03-11-09 | 03:23 PM
  • So here it is!
    I will try to make this long story short. Some of you already know most of this. Please just bare with me!
    Ok so after two devistating miscarriages, I insisted on having testing done to see what could be the cause.
    The initial tests my OBGYN ran showed elevated ANA levels, and my antithrombin III activity was also high.
    The 1st test is for lupus and the second is for a clotting problem.
    So OBGYN sent me to a hemotologist, in which I got further confusing information. During my exam he felt enlarged lymphnodes, a mass on my thyroid gland, and extreme pain when he felt around on my abdomen. So he ran about 10 more blood tests and sent me for a ultrasound of neck, thyroid, abdomen, lymphnodes.

With having a history of cancer, I have been a little concerned.
    So DH and I decided we would take a trip to AZ and go to the Mayo Clinic. I will first be seen by a internal medicine doc, who will listen to and examine me and then determine which tests need to be run and which area of medicine I will need to be seen in. All this will take place in a matter of a few days and I will leave with answers. Good or bad I will have answers!!!
    So my appt is on the 16th. I am excited to go but nervous as well.
    My OBGYN's office seems a little pissed that I am taking my medical care into my own hands, but she is the one who did the initial tests and then when the results came in sent me away to the hemotologist, where I still didn't get any answers only more possible health issues. Wow that ended up being long story, Sorry!
    I just so badly want to know if we can get pregnant again and if we can what we need to do to keep the baby. Thanks for reading.
  • wymeg wymeg's Avatar 03-11-09 | 03:24 PM
  • Oh yeah and I am still awaiting my first AF since the miscarriage. UGH
  • Mark'sbabygirl Mark'sbabygirl's Avatar 03-11-09 | 03:30 PM
  • Good to hear from you! Glad that even though things are up in the air right now you are happy that at least you have a plan and will soon have some answers. My thoughts are with you!
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!
wymeg (03-11-09)
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 03-11-09 | 03:51 PM
  • Good for you for taking your care into your own hands. I hope they can help you and get you some answers.

Thank you Valleygirl!
wymeg (03-11-09)
  • Keepers Keepers's Avatar 03-11-09 | 04:05 PM
  • Thinking of you and I hope that you can get the answers you need from the Mayo Clinic.
Thank you Keepers!
wymeg (03-11-09)

Latest Articles

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

July 2018 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Willow!!