Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive I so do not want to do this anymore!

I so do not want to do this anymore!

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-05-06, 12:10 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default I so do not want to do this anymore!

I am beyond ready to be done with fertility treatments. Do I suck it up and do one last cycle (we are totally out of meds after this anyways), or just toss in the towel now?

Our meds are already 7 months expired. I would love to take this month off to go see my parents, go to the beach, just relax, but... that means my meds would be 9 months old when I went to use them in July.

Ugh... I just want this over! I mean I hate to sound negative, but after 10 IUI's, 1 IVF, and way to much sex, I really don't think we will ever get pregnant! My husband wants to keep on pushing along. Sigh.

Old 06-05-06, 01:10 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

I'm so sorry we did 10 iuis to no avail and could not afford ivf...I would try one last time. Look at dee after 10 failed iuis and 3 ivf cycles she did an unmedicated iui and got pg. So it can happen. Good luck I know this has been such a long road for you .

Old 06-05-06, 11:23 AM
SAHM mom of two.

Thanked 50 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

What would I do? That's a really hard one. I would definitely do one more IUI. Later in life you don't want to wonder, "what if". Would I take a month off inbetween? Mentally you need it. A good relaxed cycle might make the difference. Then again, the meds'll be more expired and your vacation will be "tainted" with the knowledge that when you return home you are trying one more time. Or you can do one more now and take vacation with a clear head and heart.

Old 06-05-06, 11:46 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks you two. The vacation would end up being during the two week wait. I go with my family every year to Virginia Beach, and this year it just happens to be the last week of the two week wait if I do it this cycle. A part of me wants to just do it and get it over with. Another part wants me to say no more to paying out 1200 bucks a month.

Old 06-05-06, 01:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Whether you decide to go ahead or wait, I'd go on the vacation, I'm sure you must need it. If you do cycle at least you'll be surrounded by family whilst you're waiting. If you don't cycle until after the holiday you may be able to enjoy it more, or maybe not, depends how much returning to cycle is going to hang over your head whilst away.
Whatever you do you're in my thoughts and prayers

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools