Baby Corner

Old 07-25-08, 10:52 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default I Think I'm Becoming Depressed???

My husband and I have been TTC for a year and no luck. I have been thinking about fertility drugs but I dont know if that is for us. I use to love watching the baby stories on lifetime but now when I watch them, I am just so envious of the women. My brother is on his 3rd child, 2 with his ex wife ( 1 one and a half year old, and the other a few months.) and one with his girlfriend. I find that everyone around me is pregnant. I am just so upset that I am not pregnant!! My husband doesnt believe that I should be working, so I stay home and take care of things here. Being in the house all day with no babies to take care of makes me feel like a failure. My job should be staying at home raising children and taking care of my husband, and this make me feel like the failure.

No matter what I am doing I am always thinking about children, the best job in the world is to be a mother. I just want to be able to be one.

Why is it so hard?????

-Diana

Old 07-27-08, 10:35 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

First of all welcome.....

Second of all, I ttc'ed #1 for about 1 1/2 years and got pg with IUI and injectibles. Let me tell you that infertility turned me into a person I didn't like. I was jealous of my friends who had children, and I was jealous of my friends who weren't trying because they were actually enjoying their child-free times. Nobody understood why we still couldnt. I felt guilty, sad, and left out.

And I can tell you that I absolutely positively would have gone nuts in the house by myself!! DO you want to work outside the home? If so, go for it! Even volunteering somewhere would be good for you. I'm sure if you explain to dh that while you are happy he doesn't feel you need to be working, that it would be better for your sanity if you were, he'll understand, right?

Old 07-29-08, 02:39 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Welcome Diana

I know only too well what you're talking about. My Hubby and I have been TTC#1 almost 10 years. I am 35 and Neil is 38, and in the time we've been trying for our first child we've greeted 7 new nieces/nephews, 4 of them to one couple. This doesn't include all the colleagues and friends that have all become parents and completed their families when we haven't even started ours yet.

These TTC boards are where I have made life-long friends, and have always been able to come to say things that I'd never say to my friends that are parents. Things that would make me sound like a psycho biatch to them, but here is accepted and understood. I don't know what I would have done without TBC

Have you both been thoroughly tested? If not then after a year of unprotected sex many Drs will considering seeing couples for basic testing. It could be something minor that's easily fixed with a few pills.

I hope your stay here is short, but very sweet.

Old 08-06-08, 02:50 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I wanted to first tell you how sorry I am for your pain. I know exactly what your talking about.

I spent years ttc. I mean years. Our daughter came to us through the miracle of adoption after a few weeks short of 10 years ttc. It was not an easy journey, adoption or infertility. Yet, it is one I am incredibly thankful for because it made me the person I am today, and brought me my beautiful daughter.

For many years like you I also stayed at home waiting to be a Mom. It was very hard. When we needed money for infertility treatments and then later adoption, I worked to try and pay everything we could towards our dream. There were days I spent feeling sorry for myself. I found myself looking at others who had the dream I wanted with such hate. I hated it. I hated the way I felt, and mostly I hated the person infertility had made.

Take it day by day. Some days were much harder than others.

I pray your dream comes true very very soon. Welcome to TBC.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools