Baby Corner

Old 07-28-08, 11:23 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default I think I've decided....

I think I have a plan, at least for this next cycle. All we can do is take it one cycle at a time, right?

Since I'm still off work in August, I'm going to go ahead and follow the doctor's plan (whatever she decides). I also didn't realize that Dh is almost out of vacation days, and he has to take one each time we do an iui. So I'm going to let her in on the "balls to the wall" plan-(don't worry, I'm not going to say balls to the wall to my RE) and tell her I can only do one more iui for awhile (like all of 2008!) so I'm up for whatever she decides. Since the hsg is only "good" for a few months, and since I can't have another, it doesn't make sense to wait. The clomid dries out my cm, so trying with clomid alone doesn't make sense either.

I think maybe.... just maybe... if there's a great plan this next cycle and it doesn't work, that I'll be able to be content with my 2 wonderful boys. At least I was able to give it a *chance* to happen, right?

Old 07-28-08, 11:28 PM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 920%

sounds like you have your plan. Good luck!!!

Old 07-28-08, 11:31 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Take it a cycle at a time! You aren't out on this cycle though!

Can you start back up TTC in January? Or could your DH take 1/2 days off? Who knows, maybe it will work without clomid!

Laura

Old 07-28-08, 11:40 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Nope-- dh can't take 1/2 days. I wish he could. I also wish the clinic could let him come at the crack of dawn-- like 6am, but they dont' either! And the latest he can come in is 2:15, and he doesn't get off till 2:45.

Old 07-28-08, 11:40 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

We are in the same spot... I'll give it the August try and then call it quits...

And -- I stole your "balls to the wall" phrase and used it with my RE today -- he gave it a decent chuckle!!! I wouldn't hold back on that!!!

Quote:
I think maybe.... just maybe... if there's a great plan this next cycle and it doesn't work, that I'll be able to be content with my 2 wonderful boys. At least I was able to give it a *chance* to happen, right?
YUP!!!

Are you counting yourself down and out already??
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools