Baby Corner

Old 10-02-06, 07:25 PM
Mommy to Chloe and Mahri

Thanked 3 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default I want to

thank all you ladies for your congrats and well wishes! i have found this past week since our great news, that a few people i thought were really good friends...haven't at all been supportive.

From 3 different people I have gotten "oh, that's nice, did you want another girl?" or "that's good, let me tell you about my issues...."

And a couple of them have had fertility issues! wtf!!!!!
They have acted like/and or spoken to me as if I went to the store and bought a dam cheese danish or something!

My dh and I both agree that alot of their reactions stem from me NOT GIVING BIRTH to this child. SO, because I am not her bio mom, it's not as "serious" or important.

I have decided that I need to be done with these so called friends , I never would treat someone like that whom had just "had a baby" so I didn't expect to be treated like that. I guess I will run into people like that the rest of my life that don't feel adoption is "the same" as giving birth to a baby.
Sorry I knew you ladies would get it....
again thanks so much for your thoughts!

Old 10-02-06, 11:05 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Im sorry your friends view adoption like it's buying candy in the fast stop!! I hope that their opinions wont get you down!! I think it's the best thing in the world to be able to adopt a child in need of a home and loving family!! good luck and congrats on your new baby girl!

Old 10-02-06, 11:19 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Congrats, that is awesome. I am sorry that you are finding that friends aren't being as supportive as they should. I find that the ladies here are so much better than most people I know IRL as well!

Old 10-03-06, 12:41 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Dawn I am so sorry you were hurt by your friends. Your news was just as exciting as any new Mom who might have given birth. Adoption is an amazing birth story. Don't let mean people take that away from you. Mahri is beautiful, treasured by you and your family, and will be loved and welcomed with nothing but the most excited arms in the entire world. That's really all that matters. Pooey on anyone who fails to get that.

Someone recently told Bryan "adoption just isn't the same as giving birth". You know.. they are right it's not the same, but it's not any less joyful or any less to be celebrated. In fact it's just awsome!! The bible says when talking about Jesus, "unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given". I'm not even trying at all to compair any adopted children to Jesus, but don't you think it's just darn cool that you also get to experience the amazing gratitude and love of someone giving you your child? Just like Jesus was given to us, your little Mahri is given to your family. (sorry I didn't mean for that to sound so preachy)

I am beyond thrilled for you guys, and can hardly stand waiting to see more pictures exspecially of one with her Mom holding her with all the love she has.

Thinking of you.

Susanne

Old 10-03-06, 06:05 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so sorry you are not getting the support and excitment from your friends. I've no experience of adoption but I do feel that adopting your child is as much if not more important than giving birth (as in you are giving your daughter an amazing gift of a new life). I've often said to DH that just because people give birth to a child that doesn't mean that DNA makes the child any more special - they could still grow up to be a pain in the A**. Its how you bring up your child and the love you give them is whats important. (This is our opinion only - no offence to anyone

)

I think Mahri is a beautiful girl and you will be a wonderful mother to her like you are to Chloe and I can't wait for a family pic when you are reunited together as a family.

Last edited by mac71; 10-03-06 at 06:16 AM.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools