Baby Corner

Old 10-16-04, 11:17 AM
Mom to Eli and Owen

Thanked 55 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default i'm in a funk

I'm a bad person.

I work with some really great ladies, but they have small kids. One just had a baby in april. We eat lunch togther and all they do it talk about their kids. Well, thursday was the worst day yet. one started talking about how happy she was every morning when she gets to wake up her daugher. more daggers please. so i left. didn't say wnything, just left and I've decided not to eat with them for a while. I just can't handle it. ugh. I'm bad.

The OTHER bad thing I did was last night. my friend and her dh and two kids had invited us to dinner. she tried and has had her second baby in the time i've been trying for my first.

so , it's hard to me to be around them. my dsd was supposed to dance in the football game after dinner, they were going with us. anyway, we found out she wasn't and realized, we were still supposed to go to dinner. so i called and said dsd didn't want us to go to the game and we cancelld. how bad is that?????? I'm probably going to be struck by lightning sometime today so if I never post again you'll know why.

Anyone been bad too??? please say you have

Old 10-16-04, 03:18 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

Sweetie, you're not bad. You're trying to preserve your emotional health and your sanity. It's good that you can recognize what your limits are and set them.

Old 10-16-04, 06:56 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I don't think you are bad at all. If your lunch ladies have any idea what you are going through and they still go on and on about babies when you're sitting right there, then they're the ones who should feel bad.

And isn't it better to stay home and lick your wounds than to go be with people and be in an awful mood either with them, or afterwards with your family? We all go through phases when we can handle being around parents of babies, and phases when we just can't and that is normal, natural and OK. So there

Old 10-17-04, 11:25 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Please, don't feel bad. Sometimes you have to do stuff like that for your own mental health, it's totally normal & understandable. No one can fault you for trying to keep your sanity, hon.

Old 10-18-04, 12:46 PM
Finally...Mommy to Derek!

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I wouldn't feel bad. Sometimes we have to look out for ourselves and if taking time off from certain people is necessary, then you should do it.

What are you going to tell those ladies when they are you why you haven't been sitting with them?
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools