Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

I'm not alone!

Reply Post New Topic

• cat cat's Avatar 08-27-04 | 07:39 PM
  • In the last few months we've found out that 3 couples we are friends with are having fertility issues. One couple found out he has a very low sperm count, one couple is adopting (long story but they felt called to adopt an orphan, started TTC at the same time they began researching adoption, and are awaiting a referral now 2 years later, and still no bio kid), and yesterday I talked with a friend in England that I'd not been in touch with for a few months, and we discovered we'd both had laps in the last few months - she had a lot of endo though and a cyst, and has to have another lap in 3 months to get rid of all the debris caused by the cyst (I don't understand but that is how she explained it!)

It's nice to have friends IRL that understand - although of course we all deal with this in different ways. It's just odd that we're all going through it at the same time - kind of a happy/sad coincidence.
  • baby hungry 08-29-04 | 01:18 PM
  • Chrisitne it's so nice when we find people in our lives that can relate to this horrible disease we call infertility.

I hope your able to share with your new friend something most the world will never understand. How wonderful if a good friend could come out from this really hard time.

Susanne
  • Tracey and Neil Tracey and Neil's Avatar 08-29-04 | 06:53 PM
  • It is the only comfort that I have gained from infertility, that I have made some wonderful friendships.

I hope that you're able to draw some comfort in knowing that ur not alone, and that there are people all around us that fight infertility too.
  • cat cat's Avatar 08-30-04 | 12:58 AM
  • I'm glad that most of the world doesn't understand (except when I'm having a real pity party!) because I wouldn't wish this on anyone - but I do agree with you - for those of us dealing with it it really brings us closer

• erinjj erinjj's Avatar 08-30-04 | 10:01 AM
  • I'm glad you've found some friends that understand Christine. I know it is a huge comfort to me to have Heather and Erinn in my IR life that understand, and of course you ladies here.