Baby Corner

Old 12-08-05, 05:02 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy It's All Over...Again!

Don't know whether it is relevant to start a new topic...But for all of you who have been so welcoming and kind, I just thought that I ought to update here.

...Unfortunately after a brief period of knowing for sure that I was...now I am not! Started to miscarry this afternoon after light spotting this morning. I know I was little more than 6 weeks...but...dreadfully painful all the same.

So now back to the drawing board...and picking up the peieces and putting on a happy face and pretending like the world hasn't just all fallen in again.! How do we keep going? If only there was some miracle cure for all the heartache...sorry feeling sorry for myself...but needed to off-load. Am at rock bottom...but know I will survive as do all of us.

Sometimes I think (like today) maybe I have made a big mistake and am not really destined to be a mum...but then to admit that is like tearing a huge part of me out and throwing it away...where are we without hope?

Sorry if I have depressed any of you...just wondering how we all find the energy and emotion to continue.

Ems

Old 12-08-05, 08:57 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Hi hon,

I'm so sorry that this happened. I'm gathering that you did a test in the end and it came out positive. I hope that your Christmas party takes your mind off it a little, if only for a short while. My love to you and Rob ((hugz))

Last edited by Tracey and Neil; 12-13-05 at 09:23 PM.

Old 12-09-05, 05:09 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Tracey,
Yes! Although, I knew in my heart that I was for two weeks, I finally got up the nerve to confirm with a test on Tuesday. I have got to the point that I feel supersticious now about taking them as I feel like i am tempting it all to go wrong. But I had such a stinking cold that I spoke with the hospital and they said that I really should take one and go in and see them as soon as possible. (Another thing I am supersticious about)

Silly thing is, by Thursday (yesterday) I had actually talked myself into feeling positive about the whole thing.

But it wasn't to be. It is amazing really how long even that two week waiting for AF can seem isn't it? Half our lives!

Then you stretch it out another week and a bit, and in your mind that is nearly two weeks...so you are nearly half way through your first trimester. (Although in reality you've only been pg for 3 weeks!) Then it's all gone...and the waiting game starts again.

I am just grateful that if it had to be, it was so early on. By the way...obvious error on my original message...should have said little over 5 weeks not 6!...See what I mean about thinking ahead!

I'd be really really grateful to hear from others in the same boat...or others who have been in the past, and it's worked out for you.
Ems
Thanks for the hugs Tracey

Old 12-09-05, 11:58 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I'm so sorry, Ems. I miscarried in June at 12 weeks, so I know how devastated you must feel.

Please don't give up hope.

Old 12-20-05, 10:30 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Ems I am so sorry for your loss.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools