Baby Corner

Old 10-27-09, 12:01 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Default It's still possible right?

Hi Everyone! I am new here.. so bear with me..

I have always dreamed about having a baby. What will it look like, what will I name it. But at the same time I have always been really scared that for some reason I can't have children. Nothing has ever proven this.. just a honest fear that I believe in. Well, my husband and I finally decided it's time to try for our first baby. I am having what I think to be pregnancy symptoms. My breasts are tender.. mostly just my nipples. Even just the feel of them touching my bra is painful. I've been a lot more tired than usual. I threw up all of my lunch the other day about 5-10 minutes after eating. Very unusual for me. I hardly ever throw up. Sometimes though, I think that I want a baby so bad that I'm making up some symptoms in my head. I am supposed to start my period on the 29th (3 days from today). I have been having pretty bad cramps all day today. The cramps seem to feel like menstraul cramps. My husband and I bought a pregnancy test today and I was so excited to take it I couldn't wait for tomorrow morning. I didn't have to really pee, but I couldn't wait. So, there was much urine in the cup I used but I still held the test in there for the time it said. Well, the test came back negative. I am very bummed about it and have been crying but my husband tells me it is to early and that we should try to test again once I have actually missed my period. I know that it is still early and that I could still be pregnant. But I would really just like the reassurance that it could still be possible. Thank you so much for your time and information!

Old 10-27-09, 10:06 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 34.67%

It is definately possible. Recently had a baby and tested negative at 10DPO (days past ovulation) and positive at 15 DPO but even at 15DPO it was very faint. I also know that you can want something so bad that you can have "psuedo-symptoms" lol. We call it BOB (baby on Brain). I wish you the best of luck and hope that you are pregnant.

Old 10-27-09, 08:19 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

I hope you are pregnant too! I know exactly how you feel- when DH and I first started TTC the FIRST month we tried I really thought I was pregnant- I wasn't and it was very disappointing- we have both wanted babies for a LONG time and I just wanted it so bad! It is tough when you want something that bad, but sometimes you have to be patient. I hope you don't and you are pregnant! One of my symptoms when I did get pregnant was the super sore nipples- so I hope this is the real deal for you! Wait a little while and test again and keep us posted!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools