Baby Corner

Old 04-08-06, 10:16 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default iui feelings!!

Is it bad for me to feel a bit weird about the fact that the doctors are the ones that have to get me pg and not my dh. I didnít think about this until after the IUI today and the Dr. said ďwe have a good chance of getting you pg this monthĒ it just all hit me right then, I mean I never even thought twice about it but now I feel weird like they are more involved then my dh. I donít know why! Maybe because my dh was not with me at the time and he is never with me at any of my appointments because our schedule are so different. so I guess thatís why but I donít know. Does anyone else have this feeling or is it just me.

Old 04-08-06, 11:41 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

ahh (((hugs))) I know what your saying.

I remember about my 6th IUI after the doctor left the room I layed on the table just crying. Big sad tears for at least 15 minutes. I just looked at the ceiling horrified that not only would I never get pregnant, if I did most likely it would be in a doctors cold office laying on a uncomfortable table wishing the entire time that I was at home with my baby.

I know exactly how you feel. Take care of yourself. Have a nice yummy drink and snuggle up with your dh tonight watching a good movie.

Thinking of you, and only wishing postive results from your IUI.

Susanne

Old 04-09-06, 07:33 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Yes- I remember feeling sad and a little angry too that I had to go through all of this and wasn't enjoying baby-making sex with my husband that was bringing us closer blah blah blah, but instead, was getting a catheter inserted by some random person. My DH and I work opposite shifts too, and he was all prepared to go home after his "deposit" and get started on his sleeping, but I told him it would at least be nice if he were in the ROOM when this baby was conceived (if it were to happen)! It's supposed to be this special, intimate thing, and that's taken away from us.
It just comes so easy to so many people, and so many have no clue what a gift it is to be able to just get pg when they want to.

Old 07-30-06, 08:55 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

this is the first time that my dh was able to be in the room with me. IUI #4. the rooms are so cold and serile feeling aren't they? I think they need some color to give you a more comfortable feeling. Fertility becomes like another doctor appt.

Heather

Old 07-30-06, 11:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

My last RE I'd definately agree on the coldness of the rooms. Not to mention that their practice was so busy that I felt like I was just part of the herd. My new RE, their office is alot better. They have nifty flourescent lights covers with pictures of clouds and palm trees and other relaxing things. Plus, with the exception of the u/s and sink, all the other Doctor type paraphanalia is hidden in cabinets. It really makes a difference.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools