Baby Corner

Old 10-15-12, 02:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 4700%
Default Learning my body...

I started my period oct 3rd, i had sex oct 4th & my period ended oct 6. i also had sex oct 9,10 & 11. my calendar says im fertile oct 12,13,14,15 & 16 an it says i ovulate on the 17th an says ill be fertile again on the 18th.

so i didnt plan my first child, so i have never kept up with any of this before i just stated doing it this month so ill know more about my body.
so my question is... i have read that sperm can live inside of you for up to 5 to 7 days i beleive. so im just wondering can you get pregnant before your fertile if it does an can live inside of you for that many days... i sure hope this is making sence to whoever reads it.

Old 10-15-12, 02:24 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Well, you can't "get pregnant before you're fertile". You can only get pregnant if there are swimmers available to an egg when you ovulate. Your calendar is telling you when you're most likely to ovulate. So you're most likely to achieve pregnancy if you have sex the day you ovulate to ensure that the sperm can swim to your ovary and await your ovulation (which can occur anytime within that 24-hour period). This is why your calendar will usually give you a two-day window of ovulation. If you're due to ovulate on the 17-18th, you should have sex on the morning of the 17th and the evening of the 18th. This will give your partner's "army" time to rebuild its troops. The ideal time between ejaculations is 48 hours when attempting to achieve pregnancy--so the morning of the 17th and the evening of th 18th is the closest to 48 hours that falls on your ovulation days.

Does that make sense? Clear as mud, right?

Sex outside of your ovulation period is really considered practice!

But many people abide by an every-other-day rule for the week surrounding ovulation just to ensure that they catch that egg.

Old 10-17-12, 12:21 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 4700%

i am ovulating today & i had sex last night so is there any possible chance of conceiving?..

Latest Articles
Out of the Mouth of Babes: Preventing Embarrassing Toddler Moments
Your toddler's ears are amazing! They hear everything, and replays like a tape recorder. Here are a few tips to prevent your toddler from replaying the embarrassing recorded words he hears.

Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools