Baby Corner

Old 07-30-06, 11:56 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default living child free

Just wondering if anyone has thought of this as a option?

Therese I know you kind of decided on this. I'm just having so much fun with my husband lately it's starting to make me wonder if having kids or adopting a child is for me?

Old 07-30-06, 11:13 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I think about it somtimes! Like when we go out to a bar or party or any place that you cant realy take a child to. That's about the only time I think about it and Some times afer a bad month and many BFN's I do say Im going to give up and just live without kids but I always get over that feeling the next month!!

Old 07-31-06, 08:16 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

well we are living our lives this way and have done so for a while. I just had to let go. We have a good life and we are very happy together and adoption in this country is not an option it can take years just to get the initial paperwork to go through and then we'd be too old. IVF is our only option and I just felt that it would never work for me (don't know why). I feel that maybe having a child is not for me. I think if I desperately wanted one I would have done IVF before now. IVF is something that I haven't completely thrown out of the window, if I came into some money tomorrow then yes I probably would but other than taking out a loan and gambling on a what if (which IVF is to me) then I don't think so. We have a good thing going and both of us are happy to stay this way. Its just other people not being able to let us live child free, SIL is always going on about how we don't do more to become pg but she doesn't get it 'cause she has kids already. I think we make her nervous

Old 07-31-06, 11:47 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You know Therese.. that's the thing. No one seems to believe or think a couple can live child free and be happy and complete. Every time I talk about this with anyone, they always just blow me off like I'm making a joke.

Old 08-01-06, 04:47 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

IA - some people just don't understand that we are happy. I'm lucky because my immediate family are very supportive but the odd person (SIL for example) keeps on about adoption, IVF. She said to me the other evening that she looked into adoption when she was trying for her first (she tried 9 months before she got pg

) seriously can you believe such crap? Sorry she just pushes my button sometimes makes me feel like I'm weird for not pursuing it but then again she is the one pawning off her kids to all and sundry when she gets the chance just to go shopping or for a night out so who is she to judge me right? okay rant over

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools