Baby Corner

Old 09-19-05, 06:16 PM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0%
Default My intro....

Hi

I thought I would post a brief little bit about myself as some of you might not know me. My names is Valerie (22) and I've been married to my wonderful Dh Mike for almost 3 years. We live in Central Ohio; Dh works in the computer industry and I work with a nonprofit organization that provides residential care for MRDD clients. We have 4 cats and 13 fish.

Our journey to parenthood hasn't been an easy one we've had 3 miscarriages (4/01,10/01,9/03), one daughter Angelina stillborn at 23w5d in 7/04....which we then got pregnant right afterwards and had our son Sean Michael on 4/7/05 @ almost 37 weeks.... Sean died of SIDS at the age of 8 weeks on 6/7/05. After feeling the joy of having a child in ourlives we've somehow managed to find the courage to try once again.

In our TTC journey we've used BBT charting, CB Fertility monitor, I was also on Clomid for a few cycles to achieve our pregnancy in 2003. If I don't know something I'm more than happy to find out for ya'll.

Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Old 09-19-05, 08:11 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It's great to meet you!! I hope you have a happy ending!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 5 month old son and am adopting my 6 yr old nephew. We want another baby to be close in age to Dewey and I am scared to wait too long to try again, as it took us a long time to have him! I am hoping his birth sufficiently "roto-rootered" me and this time conception will be easier. I'm thinking positively for all of us!!!

Old 09-19-05, 09:07 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Valerie - I've seen your name, and talked to you ... but I can't say that I've ever heard your story before. What courage you and DH have. God bless you.

Old 09-20-05, 08:50 PM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Thanks....it's great to "meet" ya'll.

Hopefully our time here is very short

Old 09-25-05, 07:26 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 42 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Valerie,

I was just lurking through the boards...I haven't been here since my m/c in 2003 (at least on the ttc boards, that is). I have been on this site for nearly 5 years and have seen your posts many times over the years. I just wanted to say how incredibly sad I am at reading of you losing your son to SIDS. I didn't even know you had finally gotten pg, much less had a son. My heart breaks at reading this and I just wanted to send you hugs. I cannot imagine that and wish you all the best in ttc again. HUGS!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools