Old 10-14-04, 01:50 AM
is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy My IVF didn't work

Hi everyone,

Sorry it took me so long to give an update but the sad news is my IVF did not work.

I had a difficult week especially planning and throwing my sister her baby shower just as I found out I wasn't pg. I started getting my period last wed... so I figured it didn't work. The Beta on Friday confirmed it. My dh took the call for me. It was hard to hear that my hcg level was ZERO. I threw my sisters shower on the Saturday and then had a wedding to go to on Sunday. So it was a busy w/e which helped I guess. It finally hit me Monday. Tuesday and Wednesday I wasn't too sad but today was a difficult day. I'm tired today so maybe that's why. Shawn has been wonderful. He surprised me with a doz. roses and a beautiful card. I've been trying to be grateful for what I have in my life, a wonderful family and dh. I guess life could be a lot worse. (But it is hard to fend off the thoughts of "maybe I will never ever get pg" that keep creeping in to my mind.)

We will try a FET next year. Until then I guess we will just relax and ttc naturally. You never know

stranger things have happened right?

I just wanted to thank everyone for all your support and well wishes they mean a lot.
Take care

Old 10-14-04, 03:20 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so very sorry to hear this news. I know your pain all to well. Please know we are all here to show our love and support. Take time to heal. Put yourself above others for a as long as you need.

Thinking of you.

Susanne

Old 10-14-04, 04:36 AM
is lovin her sweet baby girl
Therese, mama 2 Lucy

Thanked 280 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am so sorry. Your DH sounds absolutely wonderful and yes you are lucky to have him we all are to have our DH's but there is nothing wrong with wanting and wishing for a baby to complete our lives. I hope and pray that it happens for you after going through such an emotional and physical rollercoaster. I hope you can relax over the next few months and enjoy being together.

Old 10-14-04, 06:33 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 2820%

I'm so sorry. :

Please take good care of yourselves. You're lucky to have such a supportive DH.

Old 10-14-04, 07:29 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so sorry.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools