Baby Corner

Old 05-08-05, 05:04 PM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Unhappy My younger sister is PG

Girls, I am so miserable right now. I am very happy for her (she just got married in October) and her genetic counsellor told her she should get pg by the time she is 30 (next year). I knew before she told me by the look on her face and she started to cry (amazingly I did not) because she feels so bad. I hugged her and told her it was going to be okay, etc. I knew it was going to happen, not that it makes it easier. She also told my parents & grandmother, so I got "those" looks. I'm sure you know what I mean. It's a happy time for my parents, it's the first grandchild so I feel bad telling them how I feel.

How am I going to get through this? I just want to crawl in a hole and not come out.

Old 05-08-05, 06:43 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I'm sorry, Erin. There are so many emotions I go through when a close friend is pregnant.

My cousin (who I am very close to) became pregnant (with IVF) and I was so happy for her in the beginning, but then it became hard to hear her talk about morning sickness, baby kicking, etc. She just delivered last week and most all the jealous feelings have disappeared. I think for me it's the Pregnancy Belly that bothers me. I am going to try to be the best "aunt" this baby has.

We're here for you when you need a shoulder to lean on.

Old 05-09-05, 12:11 AM
is growing and changing every day
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Unhappy so sorry

It seems like we've all been through this at one point or another. My sister was afraid to tell me when she was pg. It was her third and she wasn't even planning on it (she was on the pill). I got through it and you will get through this.

Believe it or not, I think we (infertile women) are a lot stronger than we think. I think that since we have suffered through all of this sh*t we have come out stronger than when we went in. I know this is a tough time for you, but you have already proven your stength (by not crying when she did). You're lucky to have such a sympathetic system - not everyone is that fortunate.

Stay strong and keep being the good person that you are. One day your family will be celebrating the newest miracle in your life.

Old 05-09-05, 09:56 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Your post hits very close to home for me. My younger sister is ttc and I seriously dread the day when I hear the news. I know I will react the very same way you did.

The pain is almost like someone hits you with a huge bat. The only difference is the trama is not shown on the outside, but deep in. I am so sorry. This is so not fare.

Take one day of her pregnency at a time. I am sure some days you will be able to cope, and other days you will want to just lock yourself in your room and cry. The good news is 9 months goes by faster then we think. Then you'll have a beautiful litlte baby to love just as much as your sister. You will no doubt be the best Aunt ever!

Thinking of you.

Susanne

Old 05-09-05, 11:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools