Baby Corner

Old 12-14-04, 09:10 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default ND Appt Today

Today finally came. I've been anxiously waiting for this appt as I was to get the results of my lab work from last month. I've been worried because she wouldn't tell me the results over the phone or through email. The reason for the labwork was that she was concerned that I may have PCOS. Well, she (the ND) had her baby last Thursday so I had to see someone else in her office. The result was ... inconclusive. She said that she doesn't think I have PCOS because some signs point to PCOS and some of them don't. So she ordered more labwork and I'll get the results on 01/11 and she said that hopefully I will have had a period by then (I'm currently on CD59). She's more concerned right now with these horrible headaches I've been having than with my cycle. She tried some cranio-facial therapy that felt really good but didn't help the headache. Now I'm supposed to make an appt with my chiropractor for an adjustment (I'm going to mention my fertility issues while I'm there because I've heard that chiropractic therapy can help there too) and if that doesn't work then I'll have to make an appt to see my neurosurgeon. If it ain't one thing it's another. I said a little prayer before I went into her office asking for the strength to hear whatever the results were. I'm a little frustrated but optimistic as well. Here's to next year!

Old 12-15-04, 01:50 PM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I will continue to keep you in the my thoughts and prayers. Definately see a chiro because if nothing else I bet he can clear up those headaches for you. Also, what you've heard about them helping with fertility is 100% true. Strange things can happen to your body when things are out of whack, pinched, etc. I took a health class a couple of years ago, and the teacher was a chiropractor. He told a story about a lady he had come in for several adjustments, and when she came in originally she mentioned that she had tried for several years to conceive but had always been unsuccessful. Well, by the end of her treatment with the chiro she was pregnant. And the funny thing was that she came running in to his office one day and blurted out in excitement infront of everyone that the chiro had gotten her pregnant!! Now, of course, she meant because of her treatment sessions her body was able to conceive, but you can imagine the looks on the faces of everyone else in the office.

Old 12-16-04, 04:18 PM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Ugh. I'm sorry you're getting the run-around, and I hope that things will be worked out one way or another. Hopefully the chiropracter can fix your headaches and your new results will be more "conclusive".

Old 01-02-05, 02:01 PM
B.A.G. Mommy!!!

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Hope you hear some good news soon.

Old 01-02-05, 09:32 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thank you. The headaches are all taken care of with the help of the chiro and getting rid of one of my pillows. AF showed up on Christmas Eve. I have major O pains and am on CD10 so that has to be a good sign. My next ND appt is on 01/11.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools