Old 07-19-06, 11:59 AM
is looking forward to our first Christmas as a complete family
Mother to a busy toddler

Thanked 3 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question Need advice!!

Hi!
I wanted to get some opinions from some women out there.

My husband and I are wanting to start a family BUT we have 3 weddings this next year (His brothers is May 2007, my sisters is Sept 2007 and his cousins is Oct. 2007). If we were to start ttc, it would fall right around the time of his brothers wedding (if we conceived quickly) and I do not want them to feel as if we are stealing the limelight. If we wait so it falls after the May wedding, I will not have time to lose the pregnancy weight before I am in my sisters wedding not to mention getting fitted for a dress, and being busy with all of her wedding planning. My husband and I are 29 and 28 respectively and he is nervous that we are starting our family a little later than what he expected. He feels that we can be selfish in this area and that his brother will not be offended (I am not my brother in laws wedding, but I am helping to plan it because they do not live in this state). What are your opinions? I would love some advice!

Old 07-19-06, 12:04 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 170 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

personally..if I really wanted a baby I would start trying. It took my husband and I many many months to get pregnant so it' s not something I would put off for that long..but it's a personal decision
Good luck

Old 07-19-06, 12:07 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You need to make decisions based on your family and its needs.. not your extended family.

JMO.. It took my husband and I 30 months to have a viable pregnancy.. there is no way I will majke my decisions based on someone else's *feelings* or special ocassions.

Old 07-19-06, 12:18 PM
is looking forward to our first Christmas as a complete family
Mother to a busy toddler

Thanked 3 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks so much for your opinions- I appreciate other peoples input because this is our first child and am new to this whole way of thinking. Dont know if it matters, but my mom conceived quickly with me, but took a lot longer with my sister (im the first child). Im still getting used to the idea of ttc. I said for years that I never wanted to have children and now I cant get the idea of having children out of my mind. I am looking forward to this next step in our lives.

Old 07-19-06, 12:38 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Getting pg isn't going to steal anyones limelight, except another TTCer...now the birth could upstage things, but afterall this is your baby and it is just as special as someone else's wedding. Besides if you really feel strongly about it, you can always wait until after the wedding to announce the pregnancy. It usually takes 3-4 months to be visibly pregnant to someone who doesn't see you on a day to day basis.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools