Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Never buying digital HPTs again.

Never buying digital HPTs again.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-28-05, 11:58 AM
Charlotte's mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Never buying digital HPTs again.

I just had a hunch that I might be pg. I haven't had AF in 19 months because I'm BFing and am not charting or even TTC so I wasn't really sure. I thought I would buy some HPTs just to set my mind at ease. So I go to the drug store. I thought that I would just but a cheap two pack of the regular POAS kind. They've got a special on a two pack of the digital ones so they're the same price. I figure, what the heck lets give it a try. I open it up and theres two POAS parts that you insert into the digital reader after you pee on it. Seems pretty simple right? NOT! I pee on the stick and try to get it to fit in the

reader. It doesn't fit. I end up forcing it in there. Turns out you're not supposed to put the pee end of the stick in the reader. It doesn't say that very clearly on the instructions. The other end has a window with two lines on it. I figure that means I'm pg right. I don't need a machine to read two lines for me. Anyway the first one didn't work. So a couple hours later I try again. I pee on the stick and insert the window end into the reader. Something finally appears in the digital screen. It's supposed to be reading it for me. After 20 seconds its supposed to start blinking. It never blinks. 10 minutes later it displays an error message. It says "see pamplet" I consult the pamplet and it says that maybe it has too much or not enough urine on the stick. WTH? I peed on it for exactly five seconds, just like the instructions said. Both of the sticks had two lines on them, so I figured the chances of me being pg are pretty good. I ended up buying another box of normal HPTs and got a

Old 06-30-05, 11:47 AM
I am Blessed!

Thanked 23 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

yipes! sounds like a nightmare ... i won't be buying the digital ones to test ... thanks for the tip!

hope you got the result you were looking for ...

Old 07-03-05, 09:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

my goodness. sounds like quite an ordeal. Just a note on the double lines ... they are not the same on the digital as the regular ones. So it's not the number of lines that matters but what the line consists of. That's what the digital test reads. if you check out the poas.com website they have a better explaination of it. I hope this helps.

Sonji

Old 07-04-05, 06:28 AM
Charlotte's mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks, I'll have to check that out

Old 07-04-05, 06:55 AM
Mom to Eli and Owen

Thanked 55 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I think to just bypass the "is that a line?" problem I chose a digital with the words on it

It was cool seeing the word "pregnant" on it. Of course, if you didn't want to see that word I can see where that might be stressfull!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools