Baby Corner

Old 07-25-06, 11:47 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default New to the Baby Corner

Hello all. I am new to this site and have been TTC for as little over two years. I am so stressed out about the whole thing and hearing the "Relax, stress is the problem" is stressing me out more! My entire family has never had a problem conceiving. There are a million kids! It doesn't help that I have been invited to baby shower after baby shower, christening after christening.

I have recently started with all of the testing and they have not been able to find a reason yet. My husband has been tested as well and they say all looks good. The only test I have left is the HSG. I am extremely nervous about this one. I have heard that it is very painful and can often cause infections. Can anyone let me know their experience with this?

They will also be starting my on Clomid this next cycle. I am hoping this will do the trick. I have heard that IUI's and IVF's are extremely expensive. I am only 23...this shouldn't be so hard!!

Old 07-25-06, 11:55 PM
Banned

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Old 07-26-06, 12:36 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Welcome to tbc.

It is hard not to be stressed out, but there are a few things you can do to help. I don't believe any of these will get you pregnant, but might help you feel better. Alice Domar has a book called Conquering Infertility. I highly suggest it to help learn to cope and deal with the stress of infertility. She gives wonderful ideas and coping techniques that I have loved and have continued to use almost every day.

Finding support groups, like this wonderful board is another great way to deal with infertility. It will always be hard, but knowing your not alone, and others have been in your shoes does help.

As far as the HSG goes, I wouldn't worry to much about it. I have had 3 done, none of them causing infection. Take some motrin about an hour before your appointment and you should be fine. This link my help you understand exactly what will happen and what you might feel.

Are you seeing a RE, or a OBGYN? You might want to see if your clinic does sperm fragmentation, or penetration testing. Most the time clinics will not do these test until it is time for IVF, but if you can I would do them before I ever did any IUI's.

Best of luck with your HSG. I am sure it will go perfectly.

Old 07-26-06, 09:40 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

and

I hope your stay is short and sweet.

for your

soon to come.

Old 07-26-06, 03:44 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Hi there

Welcome to our humble board! I think Susanne has given you all the advice you might need, but to reassure you that I didn't have an infection after mine either. My HSG was uncomfortable, but not really painful, and it was actually really fascinating.

The only piece of advice I would give is don't put off any part of your journey if you can help it. I have wasted years putting off making decisions. Years that I can't get back now.

Wishing you lots of luck in your TTC journey, we're here if ever you need us!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools