Baby Corner

Old 10-05-04, 01:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default New cycle, new hopes

I have been trying to look at this whole "TTC" thing in a positive light. Sometimes it is so hard to do though.

I am currently on CD7, I have 26 day cycles so the BD'ing will begin hopefully tonite through the weekend. Of course DH started a new shift at work and has been getting home later and is very tired. Hopefully he will be "into it".

I have a silly question:

When counting your cycles do you:

A. Count the day your period starts as CD1 and the CD26 if that is how long your cycles are?

B. Count the day before your period starts as CD25?

Does this make sense to anyone? Basically are you counting the day your period starts as day 1 for your new cycle and day 26 of the previous??

Hopefully this doesn't sound stupid.

Let me know.

Thanks alot
Chrissy 26
corey 29
DD almost 2!!!!

Old 10-05-04, 03:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Basically are you counting the day your period starts as day 1 for your new cycle and day 26 of the previous??

Not stupid at all !! The day your period arrives is CD1, the day before is CD25/6/7 etc depending on how long your cycles are.
My consultant counts it as CD1 even if it doesn't arrive until late evening. Some would make the next day CD1 in that case though. (IF that makes sense too.)

Hope that helps.. And good luck for this cycle!

Celia

Old 10-05-04, 03:20 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Yes I am counting the day my period starts as both CD1 and CD26? So does that mean I have 25 day cycles?

This is all so confusing. I chcek my CM also.

Old 10-06-04, 12:50 AM
Soon-to-Be Mommy of 3!

Thanked 309 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

The first day of your period would count as day one for your new cycle, and the day before would be the last day of your old cycle. So you're having 25 day cycles, not 26.

Old 10-06-04, 09:14 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

wow, this is like a revalation!!! lol

I never thought about it until last week, when I started questioning my "counting"

Thanks.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools