Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive New Needlephobe TTC #1 Experiencing Infertility

New Needlephobe TTC #1 Experiencing Infertility

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 10-20-10, 06:43 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I don't have any phobias to your extent.Maybe flying is close.To be frank I'm completley opisite of you..the needle doesn't bother me one bit

Having to deal with infertility myself there isn't much in the way of tests that don't require some sort of blood or fluid extraction (sorry if TMI)
There will be poking and prodding..so beware. I'm honestly not trying to scare you just making you aware.
But when all is said and done that

and baby bump is all that matters.

I hope you that its a short journy for you and you don't need that second draw.

Good Luck!!!

Old 10-20-10, 07:55 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Welcome, I have a fear of needles, but not a bad phobia. Im a bit better with blood work then I am with shots. Im not sure why. lol
all i can say is do what works best for you, If the medicane works then take it but let your doctors know all about your phobia and what meds you take.

also prepare yourself the best you can and think of only good thoughts like how you could get pregnant soon and how it only takes a few min to get the blood drawn and then your anxiety will go down. also the more you expose yourself to it the less it will bother you.
good luck and I hope you get a bfp soon

Old 10-21-10, 04:03 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Wow...it does really seem like an endless stretch of needles, and I don't think I can just keep doing "one more time" given how low our odds are and that I cannot find anyone else with a phobia this bad who has gotten through it.

I think we may just stop now and not move forward with TTC. It is a heart-breaking choice, and it is entirely my own fault. Thanks to all of you for the advice and good luck to all.

Old 10-22-10, 10:29 AM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I hope your able to concur the fear soon. good luck! dont give up!

Old 10-22-10, 10:53 AM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

IA! Don't give up! I know it must be very overwhelming for you, but it would be SOOO worth it! Hang in there!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools