Baby Corner

Old 01-05-11, 10:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Smile New to TTC.

I've been ready for a baby for awhile now. But I've been waiting for my boyfriend to be ready too and now he finally is! So this month we've officially started trying. I'm nervous about not getting pregnant right away Or getting pregnant fast and not being ready.

I'm also worried what my parents will think. Even though i live on my own with my boyfriend, and am a responsible adult, I feel like they would be mad.

I'm also worried that I'm not taking good enough care of my body either. I have a lot of stress in my life so I'm just trying to stay calm and take care of myself. Even though i probably won't really start taking care of it until i get pregnant.

Old 01-05-11, 10:19 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

Wow! Welcome to TTC and Baby Corner.
I'm not sure what to advise on this but I do know that the sooner you start getting your body in shape the faster you'll get pregnant. Start taking prenatals, eating right and stopping things like alchohol, caffiene and rare/deli meats.

As an independent adult you have a right to decide if you want a child and will be able to take care of him. I will say though that it's 100% easier if you and your partner have shared long term goals and plans for marriage or what to do if you don't get married or end up not staying together(custody, child support, etc.). In a perfect world we like to think that it'll never happen but reality is harsh.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools