Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive o/t "side effect" of my IF treatment (long)

o/t "side effect" of my IF treatment (long)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-04-08, 01:17 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default o/t "side effect" of my IF treatment (long)

I'm a weird girl, I know this is true, but I always like to feel that when something happens to me that's not so great, I'm supposed to learn or gain something from it.... become a better person, ya know?
In fact, when I finally got pg with Josh, I was elated, but almost a little angry at God-- like "Why now? Why am I suddenly good enough to be pg?" Looking back, I really think I learned not to judge someone's actions unless I'm in their situation. When I had no clue I would have fertility problems, I had said "Oh, maybe I'll try clomid but that's it." In the end, I was ready to adopt, but I still would have done pretty much ANYTHING to experience pg.

This time around, I know what I'm learning! First of all, I'm learning to relax a little about letting people take the kids. I let my mom keep both boys (with help from her caregiver) for a few hours while I got my b/w and u/s. Also, I have used the time "waiting" to plan lots of fun stuff for the kids to do, and to reconnect with people I haven't seen for months or even years. I have seen a friend from high school, and another friend is coming over today to see Matthew for the first time! I have also been learning to reach out to people a little more. Whether or not I end up getting pg this time, I do know I've "grown" through it.

Old 08-04-08, 06:09 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Now that's the kind of side effect that isn't listed on the leaflet in the box

I know exactly what you mean, fertility treatment is a strange thing, I too have seen things in a differnt light through my journey. I think you've got the perfect attitude!

Old 08-04-08, 09:05 PM
is a Mommy to four now!
Mommy of three

Thanked 442 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

What wonderful things you've learned! I'm just now starting to let go a little and my girls are 5 and 6 1/2! I left them with a "non family member" for the first time ever this month and it was great! Of course I've known her since we were 11 so that helps!

Laura

Old 08-04-08, 10:45 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

You are very lucky to be taking the approach you are. I've seen some people come out of this stuff very bitter and have lost friends.

I think it's great!!!

Old 08-05-08, 11:27 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Oh... when I was ttc Josh I was a mess. It definitely turned me into a person I did not like. Even still, there are some things about myself I'm not proud of. Like how I still get this little "twinge" of anger/jeaolusy/sadness whatever-you-call-it when I hear someone got pg without even trying and starts joking about it. And how I still try to bring around the conversation (in real life) to how long somebody tried for their baby. I had to realize that those are the "normal" people, the ones who get pg relatively easily, and the way it should be, and *I* was the exception to the rule.
Although it is stressful because your ttc decisions can change the lives of your little ones, but really ttc when you already have a child is nowhere near the same... at least not for me.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools