Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive OK... I got some answers from my RE, I think.

OK... I got some answers from my RE, I think.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-12-08, 01:52 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 620%
Default OK... I got some answers from my RE, I think.

Would you feel better about this?? I think I do.

Here is what I wrote:
Dr. xxx,
I was wondering if you could give me your thoughts. I'm having a hard time getting the nurse to understand my question.
From my ultrasound this morning, I have 2 mature follicles, and 2 in the 14mm range I believe. With that information in mind, do I still have the same percentage of conceiving higher order multiples (5%)? Or, is it higher now? The nurse said that I could possibly release mature eggs from the mature follicles plus the 14mm ones. She just keeps telling me I knew in advance this could happen-- which is definitely true, but doesn't help me understand the situation any better. I'm just trying to understand if this is a typical injectible cycle, or if I need to consider not doing the IUI. With my other fsh cycle years ago, I had just one large follicle, so this is all new to me.
Thanks,
Jeanne

And her response.....

Jeanne

Your risk of becoming pregnant with triplets on this cycle is not higher than 5%. I do want you to understand that this is a real risk, but this is not a particularly high risk cycle.

I think the nurse is hesitating because she knows that there is very little correspondence between the number of follicle seen and the risk of multiples, meaning that even if we only saw one mature sized follicle we could not tell you that the risk for high order multiples is less than 5%.

Did you know this???????

I certainly did NOT!!!

Old 08-12-08, 02:03 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

So even if they only see one mature follicle your chances of multiples is the same? I'm confused.

Old 08-12-08, 02:05 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Yes!
so with Josh I had a false sense of security!!!!! I just so happened it worked out for me!

Old 08-12-08, 02:10 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 1620%

I was taking up to 250 MG of clomid with Brooke and had some big time follicles some months with 3 of them around 15-20mm which made me nervous. Good lord if I had 3 Brooke's I might be in a mental ward.

I know you're doing injectibles does that increase the chances even more than just clomid or is it simply to trigger you to ovulate? Sorry I'm dense.

Old 08-12-08, 02:14 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Well on the injectibles the chance of twins is 15% and more than twins 5%, compared to 5-10% chance of twins on clomid.

Tonight I will take another shot-- which is the one to make me release these ginormous eggs. Then I'll take some more shots-- to help my hormones sustain a pregnancy if one happens.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools