Old 11-05-06, 07:47 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby hungry
ps.. I know you don't really care for candy yalms so I would skip that one even though us sweet tooth Americans love them at Thanksgiving.

I just couldn't get my head round the idea that they went on the same plate as my gravy

Remember I had to put it on a seperate plate

along with the green jello salad thing! Tee hee, I'm so weird!

I actually like sweet potatoes (I think that's what you Americans call yams) and Neil and I have them quite regularly but we mash them with normal potato, or roast them in the oven like parsnips, it would be considered too weird in the UK to have marshmallows on the same plate as gravy - but that kinda makes me wanna do it all the more - just to freak them out!!!

Old 11-05-06, 08:05 AM

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Quote:
Ok so my food votes:
Pumpkin pie with whip cream... yummy
turkey
green bean casserole
Ok, remind me what ingredients go into the green bean casserole? We don't have the tins of casserole that I know I've seen on my trips with you.
Quote:
For decorations I could mail you little pilgrim people if you want. I'm sure all a dollar has a few things. Want me to go see for you?
You're always so helpful Susanne

I love you sooo much! But just to save on the Centre's budget I think I might see if I can print some out and maybe even blow some pilgrim images up bigger and get the service users to decorate/colour them. Does anyone have any images, or pictures that they could scan for me?

Have any of you got any ideas as to games we could play or activities we could do during the day (other than eating!)? Is there any music that's traditional, or maybe is there music that would be good to play?

Old 11-05-06, 08:42 AM

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%
Default OK, how does this sound?...

Thanksgiving Turkey
Roast Turkey served with stuffing, mashed potato, sweet potato, green-bean casserole, cranberry sauce and gravy.

Pumpkin Pie
A traditional sweet pumpkin pie, served with whipped cream.

Old 11-05-06, 10:51 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Totally perfect Tracey.

I'll still swing my all a dollar see if they don't have something really light and really small.

I have loads of coloring sheets from Kindergarten. Want some? Also how about a nice story to read to them? I just bought a few for my Kinder class last week and can give you some ideas. There is always wonderful activies, like you could fingure paint your own corn (they would love this). My class did this Friday and I would be more than happy to take a picture and tell you how to do it. You could do like centers, a different activity/game at each spot for say 15 minutes.

Old 11-06-06, 10:18 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

You could also have them trace their hands and color them in to look like turkeys..

That's always a fun activity.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools