Baby Corner

Old 07-27-06, 07:49 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Opinions Please!

Hello Ladies,

Would like everyone's opinions on whether I missed my O days or if you think that I haven't O'd yet. Have been using OPK's since day 11, today is day 20 and I haven't gotten a positive yet. CF has been lotion like for about 5 days, today it is less in quanity and more clear but NOT EW. Not sure what is going on...

THANKS!

Old 07-27-06, 08:30 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

It's very hard to tell based on the information you have. If I had to guess, I'd say that the lotiony days began your more fertile period. If the clear CF was wet and slippery, that might be your peak day. You'll have a better idea if tomorrow your CF dries up completely or returns to a sticky consistency.

Do you check your cervical position? That can also give you a clue. Some women don't like putting their fingers up there, but if you really need info, it's helpful. Your cervix will be soft, spongy and slightly open if ovulation has not occurred or is currently occurring. It will be firm (like the tip of your nose) and have very little opening if you are not yet or no longer fertile.

I would really recommend getting a copy of Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler, buying a basal thermometer and beginning to chart. With temperature readings, you should have a much better idea of whether you've ovulated or are still potentially fertile.

I used the FAM techniques described in the book plus OPKs to narrow down my most fertile days, but the temps absolutely closed the door when I wasn't sure.

Old 07-27-06, 08:52 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks for the great info! I have just purchased and received my Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. I am starting to read it. The Temps is about the only thing I haven't been doing, I guess I will need to start charting that. I have a hard time reaching the cervix, I think I have short fingers.

Old 07-27-06, 08:58 AM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I was also going to suggest the same book. I bought it and ended pg before I had a chance to read it. It has been borrowed by five of my friends who have all now had babies, so something must be right!
I think I said this in an earlier post, but I always use the OPKs starting at day 9 or so since my periods aren't regular -- then I can watch the color strips for more gradual changes.
Good Luck!

Old 07-27-06, 09:47 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Do they work like that? Get darker as you get closer to o'ing?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools