Baby Corner

Old 07-23-06, 07:12 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default OPK question.

According to my counting, I should have ovulated on Friday July 21st. So today I pick up the OPK and it is negative. Would it show negative if I have already ovulated this month?
It does not say anywhere in the instructions about previous ovulation. WOuld my surge still be high if I previously ovulated or does the OPK only signal future ovulation?
I am so confused, I was hoping someone could clear this up.
Thanks a bunch,
Shelly

Old 07-23-06, 07:37 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Shelley,

Yes if you have already ovulated then you would get a negative OPK. If you would have test 1-2 days before Friday, chances are you would have gotten a + OPK.

+ OPK means you will ovulate 12 - 36 hours after the +.

Welcome to the 2ww (week wait)

Old 07-23-06, 07:47 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

:that: Sometimes its possible to even miss your surge and never get a +opk. Once you surge the levels begin to drop below the threshold of the tests. And if you ovulated, you definitely miss it. The LH (the hormone in which the tests pick up) is what gets ovulation going

Old 07-23-06, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I hope the 2 week wait goes fast for you.

Old 07-23-06, 09:19 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Just a hint-- I start using the test strips about 4-5 days before I expect to O and then I can see the surge coming better and I won't miss it. My periods are kindy wacky, so I figure better safe than sorry.
Good Luck!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools