Baby Corner

Old 06-06-06, 06:18 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 220%
Default OT - Advice needed on lumps...

...this morning Neil found a lump on my right boob. I've been applying self-tan-moisturiser every day for the past 4 days so I have no idea how I would have missed it, but I was laid down this morning, when Neil was "saying" good mornin', and he noticed it, and when he touched it I could feel it there.

The lump is about the size of a dime (or UK 5 pence), quite hard and it's on the right side under my arm, about an inch from my nipple (I have very small boobs 32A so this is almost on the outside of my boob).

Has anyone had any lumps, and if so what were they like? What happened if/when you went to the Doctors? Any words on your experiences are gratefully received.

Old 06-06-06, 06:26 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I have fibroids, they are lumby cysts in the breast (not dangerous)
I find that they flair up after I drink caffenine or alcohol. To be on the safe side, you should get it checked out. Any lump in the breast should be checked out. Good luck, it's probably not anything.

Old 06-06-06, 06:27 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 245 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I found a lump in my breast about 3 yrs ago. Went to my gynocologist who referred me for an ultrasound. It turned out to be a cyst (it's just a little smaller than what you are describing), she gave me the option of leaving it be- and monitoring for any changes or having a surgeon remove it, I chose to let it be. Call your gynocologist and they will get you in ASAP.

Old 06-06-06, 06:42 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Every once in a while I get a lump or feel a lump. My first question is where are you in your cycle? During times of your cycle lumps can be more present then in other times.

Call and get it checked out. It probably isn't anything, but it would be a good idea to get it checked out.

Old 06-06-06, 11:12 PM
Isabel's Mom, Amy

Thanked 2 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Completely lurking, so sorry as I'm sure you haven't a clue who I am.

But I just went a week ago to have one checked out myself. I'd been feeling it for about a month (I had heard to check it at different points in my cycle) and it just didn't go away. I called my gyno and they wanted to see me THAT day! WOW! I went in the next day - three people felt me up

and all confirmed it was absolutely nothing but a cyst. My DH is still asking me why they didn't order a mammogram or anything (35 and could probably get one under insurance), but I just said I guess they know what they are doing or else they wouldn't just let it go. I told him if I die to be sure and collect the insurance!! (Okay, that's not funny because you are probably scared right now, but I'm trying to make you smile....)

They will Definately know if it's something to be checked out. Sorry again for the lurking.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools