is loving my girls!
Community Member

Thanked 49 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy Our IUI didn't work :(

Hi everyone

Our IUI's didn't work.

I got the call on Friday afternoon saying my blood test was negative.
I was kinda expecting a

because I was having my usual pms symptoms.
I kinda told myself it was going to be negative and if by chance it was positive it would be a bonus, a miracle.
I don't know if it's healthy to think that way or not, but I guess that is how I cope.
Yesterday I was sad but I fought back the tears by changing my thoughts to something totally different.
Shawn was more angry saying things like "why didn't it work, what if the doctor diagnosed you wrong" (he was upset and frustrated)
Later in the evening I was sad and grumpy with Shawn.
We ended up in an argument over who does more laundry than the other.

( I lost that one, he does do more than me

)
We were both in a rotten mood.

Today my older sister called to check up on me. (the one with the twins from IVF)
She told me that her and her husband had been talking at length and wanted us to know that she would be a surrogate for us when or if we needed to turn to that. I started bawling and so did she.

We were laughing too. It was funny. So after we regained composure, she said she would love to do that for us and that she knew I would do it for her. We agreed we would only put 1 egg in her so that she did not have to go through a twin pg again. She got too big in the end and developed pre-eclampsia. She said a single pg would be a breeze.

I then called Shawn at work to tell him and started crying all over again.
I feel better since I cried and now my sister has given me a new ray of hope to see.
Now I know we have surragacy as a last option, and it's a pretty good one too.
I think it's all going to work out. I finally have some more faith as I was losing it fast.

Thanks for letting me ramble and ramble on. This is such good therapy for me too.
I will keep you all posted.
Thanks again, take care ladies.

Old 06-19-05, 02:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Mary-Ellen, I'm so sorry about your IUI. DH and I were pretty devastated when our first one didn't work, and we had a pretty bad fight that day. It actually ended up being good - we talked out a lot of things.

How lovely of your sister to make that offer - it's good to know you have an option to fall back on.

Thinking of you

Old 06-19-05, 04:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so sorry this one didn't work for you Mary-Ellen

I'll continue to pray that you get your bfp soon. What a wonderful amazing sister you have to offer to surrogate for you if you need her to!! I'm so glad that you do at least have a new ray of hope now.

Old 06-20-05, 10:31 AM
Mommy of Twins

Thanked 138 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am so sorry this hasn't worked for you Mary-Ellen. You have been through so much. You have such an amazing sister to offer being a surrogate for you. I'm sure it helps that she understands the pain you are feeling more than anyone else would.

Old 06-20-05, 04:53 PM
Finally...Mommy to Derek!

Thanked 6 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm so sorry for your news... It's nice to know your sister is willing to help out. Lets hope you get a BFP before you need to try it though!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools