Baby Corner

Old 04-24-12, 03:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Exclamation Ovulation please help

My husband and I are TTC. We started using ovulation prediction kits this month. Last Wednesday night I got a positive smiley face on my ovuation prediction kit. However, today when i went to the bathroom i had what looked like fertile cervical mucas? Is that normal? did my ovulation prediciton kit mess up? Do i need to baby dance again tonight? if anyone can answer this quesiton i will be extrmeley greatful!

Old 04-24-12, 10:38 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

Welcome to The Baby Corner!

I always took every opportunity to make a baby so if you think you think you could be ovulating, I'd DTD toinght just to be safe. But if your OPK predicted ovulation last week, you likely O'd then.

Where are you in your cycle? Do you have any other children? Are you also checking your cervical position?

getting that

this month!!

Old 04-24-12, 10:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Thanks!!!
I don't even know how to check my cervical positions! I'm cycle day 19! I have no other children. I've never even had a scare! It's only my 2nd month TTC. It's my 2nd month off birth control too!

Old 04-24-12, 10:51 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

The best TTC resource is a book called Taking Charge of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler. It's an incredible resource that will teach you so much about your body and how it works, especially in regards to conception/ovulation/etc.

If you're on day 19 now, it's possible you could have O'd last week or it's possible that you could be O'ing now. Until you have a better idea of how your specific cycle works, it's hard to know. For now, continue using the OPKs, check that book out at the library or get it from Amazon and start reading/implementing it, and keeping DTD every other day from cycle day 10-21.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools