Baby Corner

Old 09-24-04, 07:19 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Progressing !

Well we had our appointment on Tuesday with the IF Consultant for this area and feeling much more positive now than we have in a long time.
We were meant to be there for 40minutes, we were there 1hr20 - so we got our 's worth

He was very thorough in his questions of us. After taking our history he called a nurse in and told her to get the x-ray room ready. We had NO clue what for at that point (although he'd said he was going to examine me I'd assumed on the couch in the room). Sooo next thing I'm gowned up and lying on a couch with an internal ultrasound machine next to me. I was on Cd3 and although only lightly spotting (Thank heavens!!) I was still having crampy pains so it was uncomfortable to say the least

But he turned the monitor so that Dh and I could look too and explained what we were looking at for us

O. He said my ovaries both look good (

) and took photos for our file.
After that he took us back to the consulting room and outlined the first wave of attack.
I have now had a cd4 blood test (had x2 cd21's in last area which were normal) so

this one comes back ok too.
Dh is having a *Wash and Swim* SA on the 19th (which is more in depth than the count they did before in our last area). Sadly consultant said that it is unlikely that the actual count will increase, but he wants to know how many of the swimmers we have are good swimmers.
I'm booked in for a Lap + Hsg on the 29th to rule out endo and check my tubes are ok. If they do find any endo they will laser it away during the op. He said approx 3 days to recover.
We're then to see him again to review the results and plan the next step. He refused to commit to any specific treatment/plan until then.
We're both feeling confident that we're going to get some answers now.

Old 09-24-04, 11:30 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

It sounds like your doctor is being pretty thorough, but what about lab work? Did he order any?

Old 09-25-04, 04:51 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLS
It sounds like your doctor is being pretty thorough, but what about lab work? Did he order any?
Erm, I don't think so. What lab work should/could he have ordered please?

Old 09-25-04, 06:44 AM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 201.43%

It sounds like you said you had CD4 labs while you were there . . .

I hope you get some answers!

Old 09-25-04, 02:43 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~babydoll~
It sounds like you said you had CD4 labs while you were there . .
The next morning bright and early yes. They took three bloodvials, one for the cd4 bit, one for the pre-lap bloodwork, and one to check if I'm still immune to Rubella. I've had cd21 bwork before which was ok. Dh has had a testosterone level check too, and that was also ok.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools