Baby Corner

Old 06-22-06, 08:39 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default + or - question

I have never done one of the HPT's that have the plus minus window... Can someone tell me if the + sign is a positive even if one line is real faint or if you can always see both line a little bit on that kind of test.The instructions dont say anything about it.
I am only 7 dpo and did an HCG shot so I am sure it's still in my system if it is + but the tests I have took before just had the "one line you are two your not" and that kind of test says that even a faint line is considered BFP... I was not even going to test but I was just wondering if the HCG was still in my system because I have been having what feels like Ovulation pains on both sides off and on for the past 3 days.

Old 06-22-06, 08:45 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Why are you testing at 7DPO????

I would think that it's the same-- a + is a +. Really I just wanted to wish you good luck. I check up on you all the time.

Old 06-22-06, 08:51 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I have read that on a + test, both lines may not be of equal darkness, but if there are two lines its considered positive!

Old 06-22-06, 10:36 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Im testing at 7 dpo just to see if the HCG is still in my system from the shot I had. I have been having pains and like ovulation pains so I called my doctor and she didnt have any answers so I figured I would see if it's still in my system and I guess it is!

I hope it stays positive!!! and if not I have a laporoscopy (sp) on the 5th Im not looking foward to that.

Thanks for checking up on me!! I need all the help I can get sometimes!! lol

Old 06-22-06, 10:41 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 44.29%

Hope you don't need the lap.
I'm just worried because someone from this site said she did the same thing, and when the test came up negative she assumed the HCG was out of her system. Then she tested the next 2 days and it was positive but she wasn't pregnant. I just don't want you to be disappointed.
I hope this is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it for you. I think about you often and hope this is it. Let us know what the other tests say....
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools