Baby Corner

Old 10-24-08, 12:12 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default Question

I am on day 30 of my cycle and still no period. I am very fertile and got prego on our first try last time. Do you think I should take a pregnancy test or wait a week. I am getting a little anxious and I want to know right away so I can make sure I am doing what is best for my baby and body. Would it even show up on a home test right now?

Last edited by Miranda; 10-24-08 at 12:15 AM.

Old 10-24-08, 12:49 AM
is so extremely excited!
May your dream come true!

Thanked 133 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Depends on how long your cycles are. The dollar store tests are very sensitive and have been able to detect as early as 10 & 11 dpo.

Welcome and good luck. Hopefully you get to move over to the dd board soon!

Old 10-24-08, 01:01 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I have no idea how long my cycles are since i have super crazy cycles. plus i haven't had a period for almost a year now because of an IUD

Old 10-24-08, 05:26 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

Sorry, I'm a little confused. You said that you haven't had a period for almost a year, but you're on CD30? Did I get this right?

Usually the recommendation is that you test when you are late, but as you have irregular cycles then this will be hard for you to predict, so I would test 2 days after the longest your cycle has been. But as you also have an IUD fitted then perhaps you should see your DR, just to have everything checked out. Is it an hormonal IUD?

Irregular cycles are usually an indication of an hormonal imbalance, so I think you were super super lucky to get PG the first month you tried!!! How old is your child now? Are you TTC#2?

Old 10-24-08, 01:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sorry let me clarify a little : )
I HAD an IUD for about 2 years(my daughter is 2 1/2), I had it removed about 2 months ago and now have my period back. When my periods were "normal" I was using an alternate birth control and found out way later that I am actually allergic to whatever the main thing is in birth controls. However and IUD has the same stuff in it but it doesn't enter your bloodstream the way that other birth controls due.The Allergy was giving me CRAZY periods so that is why I have never had "normal" periods.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools