Baby Corner

Old 08-23-10, 01:33 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 6138.18%
Default A question....

Me & Dh decided to go for it....trying for #2 for those of you who don't know me or my stories. While I know it is unlikely I am already pregnant after only dtd once, I am freaking myself out over the fact that I had coffee this morning. I told Dh if & when we decided to try again, I was going to stop drinking coffee and alcohol completely b/c I convinced myself that not cutting out my coffee habit probably contributed to my miscarriage.

My question is regarding the days you are able to conceive and how soon a fetus starts to form that would be harmed by things I am putting in my body. If I remember correctly, my dr once told me that the week or 2 after my period would be my most fertile & perfect timing for conceiving.

I know this sounds selfish, but I am most likely going out for a girls night this weekend and would like to enjoy a beer or 2. But I think I will be too freaked out! I am okay with cutting out coffee or switching to decaf from here on out, but it the past I pretty much kept on enjoying a beer & coffee whenever I felt like it until I got a positive pregnancy test. I mean, I got pretty tipsy a few times and drank a lot of coffee the 1st time around & nothing bad happened. But now I am so paranoid!

Old 08-23-10, 03:20 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 7824.55%

Think about how many babies are conceived in a drunken stupor.

The baby won't implant for 5-10 days after you DTD anyway and that early on, it's getting almost nothing from you--it's getting all its nutrients from the yolk sac.

I don't know when your AF is due but if it's not for another week or so, you're in the clear to have a good time out with your ladies this weekend.

Old 08-23-10, 03:47 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 6138.18%

hahaha, now that you mention, if I actually count the days, I think AF is due on the day I will be going out, lol! One last hoorah, I guess!

Old 08-23-10, 04:02 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 47.27%

Presley-Kate was concieved from DTD one time!!! I definately know when I got preg with her lol.

Old 08-23-10, 04:04 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%

You know, you can probably still have that cup of coffee in the morning and not worry. 200-300 mg per day is supposed to be safe. And, I agree- you shouldn't worry and you should live it up this weekend!!!

Latest Articles
How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

Bexco Recalls 1,100 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
Bexco's Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs due to fall and entrapment hazards. Get information about how to order a repair kit to keep your baby safe.

Should Pregnant Women Eat More Tuna?
Consumer reports disagrees with the US Food and Drug Administration about the amount of safe tuna fish consumption in pregnant women?

How to Be a Great Hands On Parent to Your Toddler
It's important for parents to be an active influence in their toddler's life. Learn how to be an award winning hands on parent.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools