Baby Corner

Old 09-24-06, 05:26 PM
Isabella

Thanked 44 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default question about BC

This is my third month being off of BC. My first cycle was 26 days and my last one was 30 days. What have been your experience coming off of the pill? How long does it take for your cycle to be about the same length each month? Does it ever become the same every month? It is making hard to see if I am pregnant or not because last month I was just 4 days late and not pregnant.

Old 09-24-06, 06:36 PM
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

When my DH & I wanted to start TTC with our 1st, my Dr. recommended to wait 3months to regulate my cycles. I was preg 2wks after coming off. So for me, my cycles stayed very regular right off the start. I do believe though this is not the norm & we were very lucky. From what I have read that a lot of ladies taken a while some even 6mths after coming off BCP. Good luck to you

Old 09-24-06, 07:36 PM
is having another baby! Holy cow!!
Community Member

Thanked 196 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm onto my 4th month off BCP and I dont feel my cycles are back to normal just yet. Here's the rundown of what has happened since going off..
1st month felt normal, had all the normal changes in CM, ovulated on time, had my period on time.
2nd month was the weirdest thus far. Had very little change in CM (very dry actually) I dont think i ovulated at all. My period was about a week early.
3rd month was relatively normal. I noticed some change in CM, not as much as month #1. Had normal amounts of CM, I'm not entirely sure if I ovulated (I can feel it when I do..) and my period was about 5 days early.
It's too soon to tell if this month is going to be normal, because I'm just at the end of my period beginning cycle #4 off BCP. Hopefully this is the beginning of some normal cycles for me.

Old 09-24-06, 07:43 PM
is enjoying summer!
Community Member

Thanked 78 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I just came off BC on 8-16 and I'm STILL on my first cycle! I got a lot of negs for pregnancy tests but still no AF!

I think everyones different

Old 09-25-06, 10:35 AM
Landon's Mommy

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

it took us trying for six months before we got pregnant with #1. I think my cycle days were usually the 28 to 29 days, but I've now been off BCP's just a week so I can't tell you anything new about this time just yet.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools