Baby Corner

Old 09-22-06, 08:14 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question Question About PCOS

Hi. I don't know if this is the place to ask, but I thought that I would try. I have been trying to get pregnant for probably about 6 months now, with no success. I have never had problems getting pg so this is very frustrating. I have noticed that the past periods have been very painful to the point where even walking hurts. The pain would be in my lover ab and I swear my ovaries. it would last for a couple of days, mostly the heavy days of my period. This has gone on for at least the last 4 months and then last month my period lasted about 10 days, and I have not yet started this month. (I started on the 17th last month.) I took 2 pg test and both were bfn. I don't know what I should do. Should I call my doc and have her check me out? I hope maybe someone can advise me.

Thanks in Advance

Teresa

Old 09-22-06, 08:48 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

That would almost sound more like endometriosis than PCOS. But the two do go hand in hand. I would get checked out just to find out. If nothing else mabe you can get something to relieve the pain.

Old 09-22-06, 10:50 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I agree!!! I would go to the docs and have it checked out!
I'm in the same boat -- got pg pretty easily (1-2 months trying only) with each of my boys and now it seems like I may need my own system overhaul or miracle.

Old 09-23-06, 09:33 AM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

that does sound like endometriosis! I have both endo and pcos and the pain during your period sounds like endometriosis to me. I would call the doctor if the pain is that bad. good luck

Old 09-23-06, 10:23 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks for all the info. The pain during my period has seemed to decrease, it's wasn't as bad last month as it was 2 months ago. So I don' t know if it is just different each period or what. Anyway, can anyone tell me what does the doc do to diagnose these problems, and what are some of the treatments?

Thanks

Teresa
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools