Baby Corner

Old 11-07-08, 07:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 166 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default questionable

ok so i've been taking HPTs like crazy and i've taken 3 the first 2 had no evap lines at all the the third i checked it in like 10 mins or w/e and it was bfn and i just checked it and its been a few hrs. and there is a faint bfp so i'm hopeful my boobs have been very sore but thats the only symptom i've had any thoughts? I also just want to say i'm so happy that i found this site the support is awesome and we all know that we need as much as we can get i love reading others stories and seeing how much i can relate its great and i just want to say thanks..... but maybe i'll test again tomorrow morn. tomorrow will be 5 days before i'm supposed to start AF

hopefully not tho.

Old 11-08-08, 05:20 AM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 15.71%

A line that appears after 10 minutes, regardless of colour, must be considered an evaporation line, it's caused by the test's chemicals changing.

If you're testing this early then you really need to be using one of the many brands that specify that they can give a result early. I think even the best on the market can only give a result 6 days before AF.

If you're using a test that doesn't specifically say that it's designed for early testing then you very well could be peeing your money away. Literally!!

Check out this link and see if you can find your brand of test

if your brand doesn't appear in the '15-25 mIU' section, then it's unlikely to detect the low levels of hCG that's in your body in early pregnancy.

Old 11-08-08, 10:08 PM
is In 2nd Trimester!
Community Member

Thanked 84 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshFind06

ok so i've been taking HPTs like crazy and i've taken 3 the first 2 had no evap lines at all the the third i checked it in like 10 mins or w/e and it was bfn and i just checked it and its been a few hrs. and there is a faint bfp so i'm hopeful my boobs have been very sore but thats the only symptom i've had any thoughts? I also just want to say i'm so happy that i found this site the support is awesome and we all know that we need as much as we can get i love reading others stories and seeing how much i can relate its great and i just want to say thanks..... but maybe i'll test again tomorrow morn. tomorrow will be 5 days before i'm supposed to start AF

hopefully not tho.

So have you tested anymore?

Latest Articles
Celebrity Baby Watch November 2014
Find out whose pregnant, and whose expecting in our monthly celebrity pregnancy and births update for November, 2014.

The Importance of Baby Talk and Why Fathers Need to Do it More
A new study shows that verbal communication with babies happens more by Moms more than Dads. If you are a new Dad, here are some tips for talking more to your baby.

Can What a Man Drinks Affect His Fertility?
Yes. It turns out that drinking a pint of beer per day helps increase male fertility. Learn why.

Maternity Belts To Relieve Back and Pelvic Pain in Pregnancy
Consider using a maternity belt to help relieve the back and pelvic pressure and pain you might feel during your third trimester of pregnancy.

Headaches and Migraines in Pregnancy: What are Your Options?
If you suffer from migraine headaches, they be felt more often during pregnancy. However, there are things you can do during to feel better. Here are natural, and medical remedies that can help.

October 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Callum is about to be a big brother!" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations emilygrace87!

Calculators & Tools