Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive quick! I heard from the doc and need your thoughts

quick! I heard from the doc and need your thoughts

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-30-08, 06:40 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

given the HSG timing, I'd go for option 2, and carefully watch on us.....

sigh.....

I so feel your pain-- I was there just over a year ago- DH didnt understand really, although he tried to be supportive, others didnt get the point since we had 2 healthy kiddos, but after 4 mc I just KNEW there was a baby waiting to complete our family-- if I had stopped after 2 tries I wouldnt have miss lyla.... perhaps if I had to go to more drastic measures besides clomid/IUI I would have had a different thought... but....

why are you just giving it 2 mos of trying????? even with the intervention, your body just may need some time to figure it all back out since you haven't been pg in some time

talk to your RE tell her your concern about this being your 'last month' and see what she says too..... maybe you do have a medical reason to think you shouldnt go through the roller coaster anymore, but perhaps you don't and just need some time?

I do think your baby #3 is waiting out there for you :girn: I understand the heartache, the stress, the trouble you are going through right now.... but looking back, i'd go through 15 cycles of hell if I knew I would get miss Lyla

Old 07-30-08, 09:05 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

i know, I know.. The problem is first of all, dh is out of vacation days, and he has to take a whole one each time we ttc. Also, if I try too many more times, I'm going to be too broke to afford another child. My insurance pays for no fertility treatment or drugs. Each time I go up there I have to pay for babysitting as well, and I'm leaving the 2 beautiful kids I do have to chase a dream of another.... and then I feel bad about that too.

Last of all and the biggest part is that I cannot separate myself from it. I am anxious, edgy, worried, upset, etc for the whole cycle. What's going on in there? What if I miss my surge? What if I ask dh to dtd and for some reason we cant? What if his count is too low? What if I'm pg? What if I'm not pg? Should I have a filling and x-rays at the dentist? Should I ride rides with the kids at the amusemnt park?

I wish I could let go of the worry and anxiety and just "let what happens happen" but I am not wired that way. I am not saying we'll never ever try again, but for now at least, I'm done after this. DH is on board with having another baby but he is 110% doing this for me--because it's a dream of mine. I give him all the credit in the world for that-- and I can't ask him to keep it up forever.

Old 07-30-08, 09:58 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm not wired that way either... i was a mess the whole time too-- but it's a dream for the whole family not just you-- my boys wouldnt think of not having miss L now..... even if SHE was a HE! I did worry about what if there were 'problems' and I upset their world, etc etc... but i just knew it was right.....

you are so level headed to know what you know about yourself.... but on the other hand, this is for the rest of your life and babysitting, work stress, personal stress all finds a way of working itself out..........

Old 07-30-08, 12:41 PM
OMG! I have 3 kids!

Thanked 444 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

i dont have any real advice, but i wanted to give you a

if i were in those shoes, i think i would be more inclined to using option #2. JMO.

and

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools