Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive really long, but looking for opinions/advice

really long, but looking for opinions/advice

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-05-11, 01:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default really long, but looking for opinions/advice

First of all, I must say that I am not ttc quite yet. We have a few financial issues to get through before we officially start. I am expecting to get a full time position at work this summer which will mean more money and better insurance.

On to the problem. My last period started December 29th and lasted about 7 days (as usual for me). It was 10 days late which was odd because I've never had a period be more than 2 days late. I was sick from Jan 1st through about the 14th, and went to the er on the 12th. While I was there, I noticed that I was spotting. This lasted for about a day (maybe 2) and was brown like old period blood. It wasn't even enough to use a panty liner.

(Sorry if this is tmi, but I'm concerned so I'd like to give as much detail as possible)

My next period was due Jan 26th. I didn't get it, but I wasn't too concerned since my last period was late. After 2 weeks, I finally took a test (multiple actually). My results were neg. for the first 2 then faintly pos. on 3 and neg again on 2 more after that. I finally went to the doctors (the "women's health center" since I don't have insurance atm) and they did a urine test which was also neg. They wouldn't do a blood test. (Actually, they treated me like a little kid which upset me a lot.)

I have now missed 2 periods. Has anyone had this problem? I really don't know if I should believe the urine test. Any advice?

Old 03-05-11, 02:01 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

There are alot of possibilties
Urine tests can be unreliable. You may have screwed up your cycle when you got sick.(these are just ideas). You might have had a etopic pregnancy.

I would call around to different drs and find out how much a blood test would be. Explain what's going on. Worst case scenario you have to pay alot out of pocket and you aren't pregnant.

Is your women's health center run by the county/state? If not I'd check out what the county health dept can do for you. You may still have to pay something if they'll do a blood test but it will be alot less then a regular dr. Also if it's postive they can help you get low cost insurance for your pregnancy.

Old 03-05-11, 02:25 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

I'm not really sure if they are run by the county/state. I know the center is somehow connected to the hospital. They told me I needed to make an appt. if I don't get AF by the end of this month.

I thought I may have screwed up my cycle somehow as well. I stopped taking my bc in november, and thought that could be the reason my AF in December was off. However, I am starting to worry since I've missed 2 now.

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to call around next week to see how much blood tests are.

Old 03-05-11, 07:43 PM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

They say you are very fetile right after getting off bc. It also increases your chance for twins because your body is making up for not producing any eggs.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools