Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive Rough appointment this am (long)

Rough appointment this am (long)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 08-11-08, 11:58 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 44.29%
Default Rough appointment this am (long)

I left my u/s and b/w crying today. It figures... cant get through a cycle without having a mental breakdown at the clinic, right?

I had my blood drawn and was waiting a long time, which is odd. There is usually one lady who does all the scans, and I love her (so does everyone). Apparently, this other person was filling in. She comes in, and was looking around as if it was her first scan ever. First of all she turned all the lights SOOOOOO dark that then she had to go back and turn it all back on. Then, when she put the u/s probe in, it was like she was using the thing for the first time. SOrry, tmi again, but every vaginal u/s I've had, they sort of open ya up down there with their gloved hand, and insert the probe. She just puts it down there and starts pushing! VERY CREEPY! She said absolutely nothing to me (which may be standard in some places but at my clinic they tell you as they're scanning what they're seeing.) And quite honestly, it looked like she was measuring the same follicle over and over again from different angles. I did ask her how thick my lining was and I could tell she was considering not answering me-- but then she said 20mm. All the while she's tapping the keyboard like "durrrr....... what does THIS do?" She wasn't saying that, but you know what I mean. And it looked like she missed a lot of what was in there too. Then, near the end she's waving it all around in there-- wth was she looking for? A prengnacy? Tumor? What?

So once she left the room I started crying a little. It just so happened that the regular tech came in to check up on me and I was crying. She made me tell her what was wrong and she was pissed. She said "she is never to scan you again! This is hard enough on you-- you don't need a tech you can't trust. I'll look at your images too, ok?"

Then... I go in to talk to the nurse, who tells me I have SIX follicles, ranging from 9mm-15mm. She, too, asked me what was wrong, and I told her the short version of the u/s tech story, and I told her I was worried about having so many follicles, and how many would mature, and how many would ovulate, etc. Then she proceeds to tell me, "well this is why we discuss this with you before you start the cycle." UH I am not an idiot, I realize this, but that doesnt mean I'm not scared or worried about it.

And possibly the worst news of all is that I'm still not ready to trigger! The biggest follicle is only 15mm. So I also had to go get more meds.

If ya made it this far, thanks.

Old 08-11-08, 12:15 PM
is lovin' my sweet girl!
Avery Claire's Mama!

Thanked 700 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 172.86%

I'm so sorry you had to go through that!
Thank you brandimichelle!
3Princes (08-11-08)

Old 08-11-08, 12:16 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Oh hun I am so sorry!
Thank you countrycutieluv!
3Princes (08-11-08)

Old 08-11-08, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Some people are so insensitive.

Thank you Pumkin!
3Princes (08-11-08)

Old 08-11-08, 12:27 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 115.71%

I'm sorry nothing is worse than an u/s that you're already nervous about and then having an complete idiot being the tech.

It will happen. Keep the faith

Thank you savannah33!
3Princes (08-11-08)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools