Baby Corner

Old 06-28-08, 09:36 AM
Community Member

Thanked 22 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default ??'s about OPK's

Ok,

I am trying to do this temping, OPK, TTC thing..... I work nights though, and have a hard time temping at the same time each day and having enough sleep before to make it accurate. So, I am relying more on what the OPK's are telling me......

Now, you know when you get a faint line on a preg test, and a faint line is still a line?? Well, what about when you get a faint line on an OPK??? ( i have gotten a few now)

I am not sure if I got cruddy tests or what. I am sleep deprived at the moment, and so out of desperation I POAS, 2 times, one for OPK and one for PG.

My cycles have been a little wacky the last couple of months

, and it sucks because they were ok after Elizabeth was born, it is just now that they are getting weird....

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 06-28-08, 11:50 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

This was so hard for me at first. A line is NOT a line is not a line with an opk. It's normal to get a faint line, then darker, then darker, etc You want the test line to be as dark as, or darker then the control line. Is your dh around when you poas? I found my dh was much better at reading them than I was because he wasn't all emotionally attached to the darn stick being positive as I was. I'd ask him-- is this line as dark as this line?
There were many months (including the one where I got pg with matthew) where I misread the opk and had my iui too early. I got pg with him the old fashioned way.... well sort of.

Anyway, keep testing. I find the best time is late morning for the opks.

Old 06-28-08, 11:00 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I am no longer a big fan of the OPK's. I get multiple surge readings each month. I am doing better with the temping b/c I can get the sleep and be consistent about the time. I am learning that my body is really wacky and it may not have been the fault of the opks as I thought.

I would just try to be consisent about when you pee and having held it for at least four hours since you have a weird schedule.

GL!!!

Old 06-29-08, 04:11 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

If you're not waking up at the same time every day (give or take 30 mins), or are not getting a solid amount of sleep then I'd say that temping is not for you right now.

I agree with Jeanne, the result line has to be as dark as the test-line. Go for a reliable brand, it's one of those things that you 'get what you pay for'. Remember the best time to test with an OPK is in the afternoon with urine that's been in your bladder for at least 2-3 hours.

I wouldn't waste your money POAS for PG until your period is late.

When you say your cycles are a bit 'out of whack' what do you mean exactly? Are they long? How old is Elizabeth?

Old 07-01-08, 12:58 AM
Community Member

Thanked 22 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Elizabeth is 7 1/2 months old. My cycles were fine for a few months. I couldnt BF too long, but that is a whole other story.....

I had an anovulatory cycle I waited a while, but it was something like 84 days. The Dr. gave me pills to start my cycle over again, and it worked. So, I am really worried that I am not ovulating now.

MY cycles have been aywhere from 35-40 days, so as far as cycles go, I only really missed one. Just trying to stay more on top of things. I didnt get my BFP with Elizabeth until day 45....but that was the first time I tested, as I thought I was just having a long cycle.

I work nights, three days a week. So, temping is difficult, I usually make sure that I have at least three hours of sleep before I do it.

I have been "bad" though. I did miss a few days with the OPK tests, and temping. At this point, I am just going to wait until I am late, and then call the Dr. I dont want to wait another 85 days before I restart my cycle. He did tell me the next step is clomid....but I am really scared of that

And, yes, the opk tests that I got were the cheapos because I usually need 2 packs cause my cycles are so long....ggrrrr....

thanks for all of the thoughts....I am going to keep trying!!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools