Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 520%
Default SA Results

Motility 80%
Count 88mil/ml
Morph 20 (values 0-29) ???
pH 8.0 (values 7.3-7.8) High

The pH could be why we have two boys since male sperm favors more acidic. Any one have any ideas how to low pH. What about the Shettles method. Isnt there something a female can use to make the vagina more alkaline? Let me know if you have any suggestions. I would try anything at this point. What do you think of these values? Are they good fertility wise?

Old 07-10-08, 08:19 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepers

Motility 80%
Count 88mil/ml
Morph 20 (values 0-29) ???
pH 8.0 (values 7.3-7.8) High

What do you think of these values? Are they good fertility wise?

Hi there! These are the World Health Organisation (WHO) reference values, they are most commonly used...

volume 2.0 ml or more
pH 7.2-8.0
sperm concentration 20 million spermatozoa/ml or more
total sperm count 40 million spermatozoa per ejaculate or more
motility 50% or more with forward progression(categories a and b)or 25% or more with rapid progression(category a) within 60 minutes of ejaculation
morphology 30% or more with normal forms
vitality 75% or more live

The values you have seem ok, difficult to say as you don't have the values for forward progression etc, were you given them?

As to the sex of the child, I'm no expert, after waiting about 10 years I'm not bothered by the sex, beggars can't be choosers, so I just want a baby!!

But what I lack in knowledge I make up for in the ability to research and, so I found this...

"Vaginal pH
The pH of a woman's vagina is also very important. An acidic environment favours girls, since it will kill the weaker male sperm first and leave a greater number of X sperm to fertilise the egg. So, if you are trying for a boy, a good time for intercourse is when the vaginal balance changes to alkaline - on the day you ovulate - otherwise the male sperm will either slow down or die in an acidic environment."

I hope this helps! Good luck!!

Thank you Tracey and Neil!
3Princes (07-10-08)

Old 07-10-08, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

Looks pretty good. I wonder what my husband's ph and all that was-- they never told me that stuff, just motility, total count and morphology.

Old 07-10-08, 09:28 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

What did the doc say about the numbers?

Old 07-11-08, 09:08 AM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Weekly Activity 520%

He said the numbers looked good, I work here at the hospital and I had the Urologist give me the Rx for the SA and he reviewed it and when I asked "So pretty much I am the problem huh?" He hesitated and shrugged he shoulders and said "yeah"
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools