Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > Trying To Conceive To skip or not to skip....that is the question...

To skip or not to skip....that is the question...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-17-08, 04:07 PM
is In 2nd Trimester!
Community Member

Thanked 84 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default To skip or not to skip....that is the question...

Ok ladies, you are my advisors and I will take into consideration your suggestions and input.

IF I were to conceive this month I would be due 8/12. Two things concern me:

1) My dd's birthday is 8/6, so it would be close....

2) But actually the one I want to take into consideration is this one-- my ds is starting Kindergarden in August of next year, I don't have the school calendar, but looking at how it went this year, school started 8/11,so he would go for a couple of days on the 8/10 week. There is a chance I would miss his first day of school. Also if he had ANY idea that I was at home with a baby, he would want to stay too!

So, if I wait until next month, I would be due in September, ds would be used to the K routine by then, and I wouldn't be missing major events in his life....

Is this egotistical? to choose when to conceive? I am also nearing 35 and feel that I don't have many months to 'waste'....what is your take on it ladies? Concerned too much?

Old 11-17-08, 05:43 PM
is loving being a Mum to a miracle
British Community Leaders

Thanked 283 Times
Weekly Activity 220%

Apart from our miracle(s) I haven't got any children, so this is theoretical, and based on TTC, but personally I wouldn't put it off. Babies no matter how carefully 'planned' have a schedule of their own! You could wait a month and baby could come early, or conceive this month and baby could come late so...!???!
Thank you Tracey and Neil!
hopetobemomofthree (11-17-08)

Old 11-17-08, 05:46 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

I wouldn't be worried about your birthday. What a nice birthday present!

I think it could go either way. For me, the likelihood of the baby being born within the 2-3 day window of him starting kindy is highly unlikely. Also, I'd hope the baby was born right before so I could be home from work to see the whole thing go down. Thirdly, what a great kindy memory-- theycould stop by the hospital and get special 1st day of school pics with you and the new baby. Daddy could take videos. Thats just my opinion though... you have to do what you feel comfortable with.
Thank you 3Princes!

Old 11-17-08, 05:59 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I personally wouldn't wait either.
My Birthday is 8/8 soo I kind of understand how you feel.So if I get pg this cycle my due date would be the same

though I always go overdue and get induced

maybe you could get lucky.(not that I would wish that on anyone)

I guess my point is the baby is going to come when it wants,not when we try to plan.(like what tracy said)
Once again its up to you and your comfort zone.

Thank you countrycutieluv!

Old 11-17-08, 07:11 PM
is In 2nd Trimester!
Community Member

Thanked 84 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracey and Neil

Apart from our miracle(s) I haven't got any children, so this is theoretical, and based on TTC, but personally I wouldn't put it off. Babies no matter how carefully 'planned' have a schedule of their own! You could wait a month and baby could come early, or conceive this month and baby could come late so...!???!

You are right, one never knows exact due dates

Thanks for your thoughts !!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools