Baby Corner

Old 01-20-11, 11:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question So are we or aren't we?

Ok everyone I'm so confused here!! Maybe some of you can shed a little light on my situation. My periods are always normal and regular, I can calculate them right down to the second (just about). Well, my period came 12/21/10 and it lasted for it's normal four days. Well me and my SO had sex around the 7-8th of January. My period was due 01/18/11 and it has yet to show up. A week prior to my period due date I started having these following symptoms: breast tenderness, cramping, mood swings and itching (my chest, and upper back and shoulders). I attributed most of this (besides the itching) to PMS. Well, on the 18th my AF was a no show! I've been feeling very nauseated and I've been a bit constipated since last week. My breasts are tender and my nipples are a bit sore and itchy as well. I've been secreting a little bit of clear fluid from my right nipple also. I've been extremely tired and cramping. I have started checking my temperature because I've been feeling VERY hot like it's a radiating heat that comes over me. For the past couple of days my temperature has been between 99-101. I went to the dollar store and got two pregnancy tests. I took one yesterday, which was negative and the other today and it was negative as well. So, I'm not sure if the test was just not sensitive enough and I am pregnant or I'm not pregnant and my period is just going to skip this month. What do you think?!

Old 01-21-11, 12:27 AM
is the mommy of a 3 year old and expecting #2
Community Member

Thanked 437 Times
Level: 4
Weekly Activity 16620%

Well, you're only a day or two late. If you feel truly concerned call your doctor and see if you can get a blood test. They are alot more sensitive and accurate. BTW have you been taking any new vitamins, meds, or such? Those things can affect your period as well as pregnancy results.

Old 01-21-11, 12:36 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

thanks for replying lauralkemp. well as for vitamins yes, ive been taking those women's one a day vitamins for a couple of years. Before i got pregnant with my first baby i was taking those vitamins, but i was on birth control and i used the plan b pill as well and still ended up pregnant.. i stopped taking them for a while and then i started back on the vitamins about a year ago and they have never altered my period. no new meds or anything out of the norm either.

Old 01-21-11, 09:37 AM
is cancer free :)
Community Member

Thanked 432 Times
Weekly Activity 920%

I would wait a day or 2 and if AF doesn't show up, I'd test again. GL and welcome to TBC!

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools